And the big news is, the exercise room has a pull-up / chin-up station now! I haven’t been able to work on pull-ups since the one that ex East Village punk boyfriend “Fluffy” installed for me (23 years ago) finally broke. It dropped me on my ass during a set of chin-ups the month before I moved away from NYC. Both the wall & the rubber stopper it was attached too were crumbling apart.
I did have access to a lat machine at The Hotel but it wasn’t quite the same & I didn’t work out there regularly. I did use the gym a lot when it was hot, to take advantage of the free AC, wistful sigh. It’s actually not too bad downstairs, though if I had my druthers it’d be a bit cooler. And upstairs will be hot. I have to sit on a towel when I work in my office these days. I’ve got a cheap, plastic chair… Today I maybe should rig up the vent for the freestanding AC we got.
Personalized Bootcamp Day 15
- Burpee lunge
- Push-up & touch hand to opp foot, both sides, come up & tuck jump.
- Squat & jump 15lbs, single weight. Jumping jack feet. When feet jump in, push weight up.
- Suitcase crunch with bike knee, 15lbs. On bench, holding weight with both hands.
- Tricep supergirl push-ups
- Clean & press 40lbs
- Pull-ups, with strap assist Note to self: don’t put this move in last when you haven’t had an opportunity to work on pull-ups in a year and a half!
- Elevated spider & kick thru, alt
- ½ burpee, upright row 30lbs
- Squat wide to narrow, alt sides stepping out 40lbs
- Side push-up, knee & tuck-jump
- Straight Abs
Overtime Day 15
- Flys & press, on bench. Legs come down on the fly & back up to perpendicular where they stay for the press, 30lbs
- Chest press, both arms & then singles, 30lbs
- Front raises, palms up & arms slightly bent, 20lbs
- Driving push-ups: tricep push-up & then push back to a sort of down dog crouch Redundant with yoga. Do chin-ups again next time.
- X Fly on bench, 10lbs in each hand. Make and X shape with the body. When legs come in, hands cover over the chest to cross, alt which is on top