The temperature has dropped so drastically, from 100 degrees to chilly and I was cold immediately when I finished the HIIT portion of today’s workout. I had a feeling I wasn’t going to be able to do my approximately 9.5 poses of 2nd (plus the EPRK). Lol. My twisting diminished a long time ago, and I’m sure I’d need super regular practice plus maybe assists to get the wrist bind in Pashasana back, and when I’m stiff I can’t get it at all.
Since I’m not into unnecessary struggle these days, I immediately switched to no vinyasa poses at that point, leading with a bunch of twists: ardha matseyendrasana var; marichy C, marichy D, parighasana var etc. I have felt some decreased mobility in everyday life twisting, so this is something that should get some attention. Functional fitness! After twisting I finished with some ad-lib whatever.
Bootcamp Day 17, personalized
Set 1 / based on day 3 (core)
- Repeating elements: Skipping / 3-point abs with a tuck jump (3 each)
- Blue moves – my changes, so you can see I changed a LOT. I mostly stuck with the feel of the original exercise as Lisa wrote it, modified to suit me today.
- Crunches feet raised
- Reverse curl on the bench, for more range
- Chin-up, tuck curl
- Elevated side plank, bottom knee to elbow 5lb Started with 8 here and it was too heavy! No wonder I hurt myself trying to do the video move with 10lbs, in the 1st round the last time I did this set. I simplified the move to concentrate on the smaller muscles and took out the row, which should have at least 10lbs.
- Other side
- Bicycle abs touching back down to bench(?) between crunches
Set 2 / based on day 10 (core)
- Cardio: high knees – 4x, Swings – 1x, 35lbs Cause that 35lb kettlebell gets me every time
- Ski abs: 3 points to the jump plank, outside 1 shoulder & back to plank then alt shoulder.
- Elevated plank: spider & then pull knee in, alt sides.
- Woodchop: 15lbs
- Other side
- Clean & press, oblique knee, alt sides, 30lbs
- Frogger: wide leg
- Elbow Plank Turn Forearm plank. Do alternating side planks, keeping raised arm in an L-shape & extending through the mid back & keeping the hips high.
- Reverse Curl Twist On the bench, holding on with hands. Twist to alt sides @ the top.
- Up Fast, Down Slow Same reverse curl.
- Down Fast, Up Slow
- Suitcase Crunch 10lbs. Arms mostly straight, holding the weight. Come up & bend knees, lifting shoulders as much as possible.
- Scissor Abs Holding the weight as far overhead as possible, still on the bench.
Easy stuff, but I did Suryas and fundamentals so it counts as ashtanga!