I could complain that this wasn’t a workout, but I’ve been feeling the fact that I’ve focused strongly on HIIT the past 3 weeks plus, and not in an entirely good way! Grumpily, I recall saying to a yoga friend, some years back, The pain of no yoga is worse than the pain of yoga. Tones of true chagrin there!
I was already planning to just do yoga, though the specifics had to change once I started and listened to my body. Then, friend K forwarded this picture to me. Someone posted it on Facebook, as depicting the “old days” at Anu’s in Gokulam. He didn’t remember me, though a few friends told him my name. I never hung out there all that much past the first trip, actually, so I wouldn’t have expected him to.
I was so young and cute! Lol. I had my day as a sex kitten, I did. Gah! Nostalgia.
Anyway here’s today’s yoga deets.
Suryas & fundamentals, 7 handstands, 30min
- Marichy C & D, Pashasana, Krounchasana – 10 breaths, with vinyasa
- Shalabhasana – Parsva Dhanurasana – 5 breaths
- Ustrasana A, B (reverse prayer hands) – 10 breaths
- Laghu vajrasana – 5 breaths
- EPRK – however any to get in & 10 (rapid)
- Kapo B – however many to get in & 5
Back bending intervals, continual, (15/45)
- Standing arch A
- Forward bend
- Standing arch B
- Forward bend
- Standing arch C
- Abandoned ship here. I’d had 18min of backbending & resting intervals planned but it felt too intense today. I was stretching but I didn’t want to bludgeon myself. Moved onto to Urdhva D to stand
- 5 drop backs
- 20 breaths in pashimo & a slow finishing
- 5min sirsasana, minutes 2&4 in a headstand backbend, as if I were going to drop into Viparita dandasana, but keeping legs straight.
- child pose – 1min
- lying twist, 1min per side
- savasana – 3min