I had the gymboss timer set to a single round of (10/30). That’s 10 seconds to pick up the jumprope and get ready to go. I don’t like doing 50-second skipping intervals lately. And then counting reps allows me to really push myself on resistance and take short breaks where I need them, more weight lifter style. It also allows me to make sure I work both sides of my body evenly. If one side of your body is weaker or less stable, you have to take more time positioning & balancing and therefore work that side’s target muscles a little less in HIIT.
That said I think the style works better with weights and more rigorous full-body exercises than with today’s more yogic set. If I’d done the longer jump rope intervals I probably would’ve had a better workout overall.
Reps are maybe more tedious but more thorough. The main “con” is that you never know how much time a set is going to take you. I almost always end up taking more time than expected, and that means less time and energy for the yoga.
Today’s workout was Meh, but that’s because I was low energy.
- (10/30) skipping before each move
- #d exercises are reps
- Time = 35:40
- Runner’s Lunge Lift-R Deep runner’s lunge, full palms to floor, then lift into a Dighasana A, arms extended forward, flexing hamstrings of back, lifted leg. reps = 20
- Runner’s Lunge Lift-Left, reps = 20
- Single Leg Glute Bridge-R On back & shoulders. Extend left leg & keep straight (or cross over the other & add 20lbs). reps = 20
- Single Leg Glute Bridge-L, reps = 20
- In/Out Squat Jump reps = 20
Reverse Plank, reps = 20 ) L+R=1rep
- Elevated Plank reps = 20 L+R=1rep
- Warrior III Leg Pulse-Right, reps = 20
- Warrior III Lef Pulse-Left, reps = 20
- Plie Jump reps = 20
Frogger @ Wall reps = 20
- Hanging Leg Lifts (chin up bar) reps = 20
- Wall Sit Leg Lift-R, reps = 20
- Wall Sit Leg Lift-L, reps = 20
- Heel Tap Jump Squat reps = 20
1. Squat Twist 15lbs
2. Oblique Drop (right) 20lbs
3. Oblique Drop (left)
4. Rotating Lunge (right) 20lbs
5. Rotating Lunge (left)
6. Side Angle Reach (right) 5lbs
7. Side Angle Reach (left)
8. Dancing Goddess Pose Held 10 pounds but could’ve done 20
9. Standing Leg Lift (right)
10. Standing Leg Lift (left)
I hadn’t cracked 300 yet so I decided to do another core set.
HIIT the New Year Hard: Workout 10: 20 Minute Belly Fat Burn
- Along with the video. I did bench jump overs for my cardio.
1. Extended Double Crunch
2. Reclined Knee Twist (right)
3. Reclined Knee Twist (left)
4. Temple Tap Abs
6. Dive Bomber
7. Single Heel Press Plank (right)
8. Single Heel Press Plank (left)
9. Elbow Tap Side Plank or Reach Through (right)
10. Elbow Tap Side Plank or Teach Through
11. Twisted Star Fish Situp
12. Leg/Hip Lift
13. Oblique Pushup
15. Bridge Kick (alternating)
About 15min yoga stretching