If you’re depressed and can’t afford therapy or things like a social life and circle of friends, I recommend working out to the point of pure, sublime exhaustion.
If I had a decent income and steady, well-paid creative work then I wouldn’t need the therapist so much would I? No matter.
This was my second of her workouts. The first one I could follow along with the video because it was a pyramid done by time. I can tell you I was NOT keeping up with Julia, but that’s perfectly fine for an interval workout. This ab challenge, however, is reps. I knew I wouldn’t be able to keep up with her, even without wearing a weighted vest. So I took the time to preview it more closely and take more careful notes.
For the first time I’ve found YouTube workouts that make me wonder whether or not I’ll be able to complete them! I wouldn’t want to try wearing a weighted vest during ANY of this! And I hadda go very light on the weights. It occurred to me I could lesson the reps but NO! I didn’t skip a single one.
- 50 toe touch crunch pulses: Lie on back with legs straight up in the air. Reach arms out straight & pulse fingertips toward feet
- 50 flutter kicks On back, hands behind head. Flutter legs straight up & down. L+R=1
- 50 Mtn climbers L+R=1
Group 1: 20 reps
- Burpee knee tucks Do push-up & then tuck alt knees in while in plank
- Leg raises to rev curl Tapping heels to floor lightly
- Left side plank 10 dips, then 10 toe touches From hand, touching top foot
- STAND ON Right leg – Hammer curl to shoulder press-up & curtsy, 10lbs Keeping weights overhead to curtsy lunge, lower weights to start
- Pike in with sliders
- Tricep pushup on weights to lateral raise Feet wide. She uses 6lbs. I’d have to use 10 or 5.
- Jugglers High knees L+R & touch foot L+R = 1
Group 2: 20 reps
- Burpee tuck jump
- Knees in press up abs, 10lbs
- Right side plank 10 dips, then 10 toe touches
- STAND ON Left leg – Wide curl to Y press to over head curtsy lunge. 8lbs Curl up, hold up, step back to curtsy, return foot & curl down. Repeat.
- Tuck abs On the floor & fast
- Squat + twist , 20lbs I knew this’d happen but I couldn’t quite remember how this one goes in the video. Did sumo squat & elbow to opp knee, alternating & keeping weights resting on my shoulders.
Group 3: 20 reps
- Burpee + 4 oblique twist jumps at top
- Rack pass (each pass is 1)
- Oblique plank hops + wide frog hop 3 hops = 1 rep
- Russian twist 2=1, 10lbs
- On Knees goblet squat and press to chop, 10lbs Start sitting on feet with weight at chest, come to kneeling & swing weight overhead and then chop to alt sides. Count on the chop.
- Decline plank, tapping down to floor with alt legs
- Lateral raises on one leg, 10/10 Balance on one leg. Same arm holds 10lbs & lifts out to the side.
Group 4: 20 reps
- Burpee + 4 mtn climbers No push-up
- Straight abs. Weighted sit up Full sit-ups wearing vest in front
- Three cross jabs, kick, heel grab,3lb weights, 10/10
- Eagle crunch Eagle legs & arms
- Single leg deadlift + close row (while leaning forward) to knee up+ hammer curl 10/10, 30lbs
- Temple tap abs
- T-arm bi curls to alt toe touch Hold 5lbs straight out laterally. Bicep curl & back out. Rotate to touch opp foot on floor. Feet a little wider than hip width.
Group 5: 20 reps
- Single leg burpee 10/10
- Gladiator get up (10/side) 10lbs Holding weight straight out to the side. Come up to elbow to side plank, leg lift & reverse.
- Alt Bulgarian tuck to elv pushup (10/leg) Back leg elevated. Hop front foot up. Put both feet on bench & do a push-up. Switch legs.
- V up abs Pike up, feet together, legs & arms straight, fast.
- Sumo squat + upright row to T arms, 16lbs. Stand with feet wide & squat, upright row & kick weights out to a T
- Roll back and jump for height Julia just rolls to the top of her shoulders, but since I was going on my own (much slower!) time & not keeping pace, I decided to touch floor behind me every time for more of a stretch
- Alt Curtsy + single arm row, 30lbs Row with same arm as leg that’s in front.
- 50 plank jacks in tricep hold position Catarunga position
- 50 back lunge with row/hop (25/side) 10lbs? Back lunge to hop up, row with the same arm
- 50 high knees with T arms