I have finally “moved on” into this stage & the term Radical Acceptance popped into my head. I think I first encountered it reading Pema Chodron during my silly yoga TT in 2004. I can figure out the year easily by looking at my resume. It was the 2nd year I worked at my first hosiery design job. I didn’t save ANY of my old yoga books except for a single item, Matthew Sweeney’s Ashtanga Yoga As It Is. So I don’t remember which Pema I read. Downloaded a sample. Currently reading, and enjoying, How to Be Idle: A Loafer’s Manifesto.
Also started working on lists of dystopian fiction I’ve read. This was all inspired by an email from Powell’s.
This is a bit of a complex & lengthy routine to do just from notes, with the preview occurring the day before yesterday. But I needed that Saturday rest day. I got through most of it pretty well. I had to up the transitions / rests to 15-seconds for a couple sets and I also simplified / swapped out some of the moves. It DOES go by fast, like Julia says at the end of the video. You wouldn’t think so, but it does.
I might wanna repeat the first set sometime – Ten minutes of burpees – with skipping before each round. That’d be a solid, 20min set.
Daniela’s Cardio (10/50×2) 10 min
- 2 Jugglers burpee + clap push up
- diamond pushup burpee with squat jumps L-center-R-center
- wide arm burpee, 4 lateral hops
- I-inchworm hop tricep push up burpee + heel grab + 180 hop hands together out to plank. Burpee then heel-touch jump & 180 jump
- double A**kick explosive pushup burpee
Jori’s Legs: 13 min
(15/50) for all
- Hip Thrusts (shoulders on bench)
- Hyperextensions on Bench Belly on bench, legs hanging off. Tap toes to floor and then lift up, moving quick & swinging high as possible.
- Curtsy Lunge RL to Side Lateral Lunge (straight leg), come to stand keeping leg in lunge position, SL Deadlift. 30lbs omit deadlift part next time
- Same as above on the LEFT.
- Leg Matrix: Squat, Forward Lunge both sides, Squat Jump,
- 3-Way One DB Weighted Squat (Squat overhead press, squat right press out, squat left press out)
- Side Lateral Lunge Right to Knee Up + Traffic Director Arms standing leg arm in forward & raised knee arm lateral lift.
- Side Lateral Lunge Left to Knee Up + Traffic Director Arms.
- Kneeling Double Arm Clean + Press, 30lbs Squeeze ass to hammer curl weights up & again to press up. Squeeze back again on the way out.
- Double Pulse + Squat Jump 10lbs Squat real low, come to half way, drop ass to calves and then pop up.
- Goblet sumo low jacks 15lbs
- Bear Crawl Fire Hydrants Alt. R/L. On hands and toes, knees off ground. Pivot to each side & hydrant to kick out
Kelly’s arms (50:10 x1) 10 min
- Around the world 10lbs
- Weighted touchdowns 8lbs Lateral hops touch down to floor with opp hand
- 10 Weighted punches + 4 Hooks 8lbs
- Clean and press right arm, 20lbs
- Clean and press left arm
- Chest fly to narrow press On bench. Fly & put weights together on chest & then press up.
- Surrender down (weights overhead) 4 cross punches from knees, (weights back overhead) surrender up 2 side kicks 8lbs
- Weighted arm circles forwarded for 10 backwards for 10 (stand on one leg and switch ½ way) 5lbs
- 2 spiderman + 2 plank walk + 4 frog jumps
- Inchworm to 4 pushup knee tucks Pushup knee tuck, pushup other knee tuck
Changed to 10/50 with simplified rounds 10min
- high knees
- wide leg frogger
- switch lunges
- alternating switch kicks
- rocket lunges Lunge back to SL hop with knee up. Alt sides.
- 4 weighted jacks / 4 weighted skaters, 10lbs
- 2 plank jack shoulder taps + 2 cross body mountain climbers + 2 knees to elbow
- wheel at wall
- pinca mayurasana
Lenula’s Legs (15/50) 13 min
- Weighted Side Step Up w. Side Kick, step down to Back Lunge (R) 20lbs
- 5 Squats / 5 Jump Squats / 2 Tuck Jumps 10lbs
- Weighted Side Step Up w. Side Kick to Back Lunge (L)
- 5 Squats / 5 Jump Squats / 2 Tuck Jumps
- RL Forward lunge and press, 20lbs – 3 pulses w. weights overhead – L SL leg deadlift
- 5 In and out Squats, starting wide, jack legs, jumping, touching floor w/ fingertips / 5 Plie Jumps / 5 Heel Grabs
- LLForward lunge and press – 3 pulses w. weights overhead – R SL leg deadlift
- 5 In and out Squats / 5 Plie Jumps / 5 Heel Grabs
- Side lunge & return. Sit to heel down w. sit / stand up + front kick (R)
- 5 goblet Squats / 5 Heel Clicks jump up & click / 2 Wide Tuck Jumps
- Side lunge & return. Sit to heel down w. sit / stand up + front kick k (L)
- 5 goblet Squats / 5 Heel Clicks / 5 Wide Tuck Jumps
Kristin’s Back and Abs (50:10 x2) 10 min
I changed most of this one b/c I don’t have a ball
- Superman / Swimmers
- Plank row 15lbs Pick up weight & kick back & squeeze opp leg, alt
- Goodmorning + Side Sumo Crunches R&L 10lbs Rest weight on shoulders & keeping back straight bend straight forward & then return to sumo squat. Lean left shoulder toward left knee & alt.
- Plank to Alt T-Stand Dip & top toe touch I like to stack my feet, aka yoga, so I changed the foot.
- Pullover on bench, 20lbs, with reverse curl
The HIIT took 1:19 and then a couple minutes to clear the space, so I did a minute’s passive back stretch on the rack & then straight to Urdhva D and 3 drop backs. Rough! It’s been awhile but no matter. Did a few poses of finishing and a 1min savasana.