Cardio and Strength Double Down by Kristin
With 6lb weighted vest except where noted.
SET 1, Time 20:34
- 5 Manmakers – 30lbs Jump back into plank. Push-up & then row, both sides. Hop in, squat (get into a low squat & hammer curl before you stand) & press = 1 rep Realized in the 3rd set I totally did these wrong! I inadvertantly cheated with something easier. Got it right set 3.
- 10 Squat and Press – 30lbs, squatting really low
- 10 LL Weighted Staggered Squat Jumps 15lbs, Foot on bench, holding weight w/ both hands. Squat & pop up.
- 20 Elevated Plank Toe Touches Touching hand to opp foot, moving quickly.
- 15 RL Forward Lunge to Tricep Kickback 20lbs Lunge forward, get low, lean forward & do a tricep kickback.
- 30 Switch Lunge Weight Pass through 10lbs, passing under forward leg toward the outside
- 20 Bicep Curl to Front Press 13lbs I could really use those adjustable weights!! Bicep up & keep palms facing TOWARD the body during the press-up
- 40 Weighted High Knees 20lbs, L+R=1
- 25 Bent over Wide Elbow Row, 30lbs Hop back to plank, hop back & dead lift up
- 50 Swings 35lbs (break after 27)
SET 2, time 43:04
- 5 Weighted Pistols (per leg) No vest! I’m new enough at doing non propped pistols that plain body weight is all I want. Julia keeps her vest on & does 5/5. I went alternate legs & took x breaks.
- 10 Surrenders 10lbs Hold weights over head. Like plank walk but going to kneeling. 5/5
- 10 RL Staggered Squat Jumps 15lbs
- 20 Spiderman (Pike) Pushups 10/10
- 15 LL Forward Lunge to OH Tricep Ext 20lbs
- 30 Skaters to Knee-up Hop
- 20 Hammer Curl to Press 13lbs Keep palm facing the same throughout
- 40 Mountain Climbers
- 25 Plie Squat to Upright Rows 20lbs
- 50 Bench Lunges Jump lunges, alt legs
SET 3, time 1:06. Julia repeats the last set & does those 4 in less time than it took me to do 3! Three was plenty for me! Plus I needed to stretch just a bit more than I did yesterday.
- 5 Manmakers – 30lbs Jump back into plank. Push-up & then row, both sides. Hop in, squat (get into a low squat & hammer curl before you stand) & press = 1 rep
- 10 Elevated Renegade Rows 10lbs Feet on plank. Do quick, tight rows as fast as you can, L+R=1
- 10 Stag 180 Squat Jumps 10lbs
- 20 ALT Bicycle touching lower back down to floor & picking up, L+R=1
- 20 Alt forward lunge with lat & front raise 20lbs
- 30 Jugglers 2 high knees & 2 touch feet = 1
- 20 DL to Squat 40lbs
- 40 Alt Jump Kick (20/leg)
- 25 Weighted Squat Jumps 10lbs
- 50 Lateral Touchdowns (25 per leg) legs move back & at a bit of an angle, touching fingertips to floor every time
- 1min poses, about 30min
- Virasana 50lbs on lap
- Supta v
- Block A
- Anjenayasana R
- Hanuman upright, R (back leg strapped)
- Anjenayasana L
- Hanuman upright, L
- Upavistha konasana
- Parighasana (var)
- Other side
- Baddha konasana A
- Reclined twist