Of course with the ashtanga, all I did was the Suryas, fundamentals and some poses of finishing, with a lying twist added. The yoga is so delicious after ass-kicking exercise. Today’s workout made me happy.
Cardio Madness #2 by Daniela
- Wouldn’t mind repeating this one sometime. I didn’t wear a weighted vest! Was sore from yesterday to start.
I changed the timing a bit cause I wasn’t following along w/ video & needed 10 second transition times. 3 circuits with 7 moves (10/50), 30second break bet circuits = 22min + a couple moments of technical difficulty when iTunes froze & I accidentally closed & “lost” my list
- Toe touch jacks, coming down low & touching tops of sneakers`
- High knees
- 5 squat jacks star jump
- tricep pushup burpee
- switch lunges
- 3 walking pushups + single frogger
- bunny jump squats, moving quick & not too deep
- Frog hopper, hip stacker
- 8 high knees, competition burpee
- Rev lunge LL pulse
- Diamond pushup burpee
- Rev lunge RL pulses
- 3 upright Heel clicks + squat hold (3 count)
- 8 mtn climbers + explosive (clapping) pushups
- Hopping mountain climbers
- Squat jumps, lower
- Walking lateral plank + oblique hops (3 diamond jumps)
- Fast feet
- Vertical frog jumps, feet wide, sink butt to heels & touch floor. Jump up with hands up.
- Elevated pike push-up
- In and out jump squats – touching floor w fingertips on each “down”
Quick cardio Pyramid:
40/30/20/10 second intervals 10 sec rest after each full round
Time @ the end 43:56
- Burpee tuck jumps
- Lizard hops, like hopping mt climber, but hands are uneven too & hop as well. Same hand forward as knee. These are hard! Would remind anyone who’s practiced 2nd series of Nakrasana
- Mat jumps
- Prisoner Jacks (Jumping oblique twists) T-arms. Hop out & hop 1 knee to opp shoulder, alt.
Cardio AMRAP 10 minutes
5 moves 10 reps each
- my stats = 5 full rounds & 5/5 of burps & 180 tucks in 6th round
- Burpee 2 switch lunges
- 180 squat tuck jumps
- plank jacks in catarunga hold
- heel clicks, standing and then hands on the floor in a half handstand, donkey kick sort of way
- double buttkickers standing
Add-on plank jack pushup star jump burpee.
- 5/5 of plank jack & then 5 more star jumps
- Hop back to plank. Hop feet out & do push-up.
- Star jump
- RL Bulgarian clap under – back leg elevated. Pop front leg up & try to clap under knee if possible
- LL Bulgarian clap under
- clap push up
- clap knee abs – legs straight, feet off floor. Pulling alt knees in. Pick shoulders up & clap underneath leg.
- Alt fwd lunge tuck with clap under front leg – picking up front leg again in a pop up.
- clap jack (clap above head and alt clap under each leg)
- squat jump clap and squat squeeze, clapping chest level
- clap abs – lying on back, feet off ground and legs straights @ like 45 deg. Do X shape out w/ limbs & then clap in the middle
- Lunge / kick / lunge, clapping under front on 2nd lunge. Change legs.
- plank lunge clap – deep lunge & clap under front leg. Bring torso overhead and clap overhead. Change sides.
- My version of the Suryas & fundamentals, then a jump through to a 5-breath, finishing style Paschimo. Normal finishing from there to uttana padasana, a lying twist & a 1min savasana. Brilliant!