I’m really not doing well these days and I see no light at the end of the tunnel, but I got back out of bed this afternoon to exercise, which is like my prescription. And at least this way I’ll take a shower today, and change out of the clothes I slept in.
Metabolism Blast: Booty, Arms and More
Note to self: This is one you want to repeat sometime. The details look really confusing at first glance, so rather than previewing & jotting notes I just did the workout along with the video. That works (for me doing Julia’s workouts) for anything that’s not rep counts!
Wore my weighted vest for all but the warmup & yoga stretch / cool down.
Round 1: Set 1 Tabata 20:10 2x (8 intervals) 4 mins
Round 2: Sets 1 &2 Tabata 20:10 2x each (16 intervals) 8 mins
Round 3: Sets 1, 2, & 3 Tabata 20:10 2x each (24 intervals) 12 mins
Round 4: Sets 1, 2, 3, & 4 Tabata 20:10 2x each (32 intervals) 16 mins
Round 5: Sets 2, 3, & 4 Tabata 20:10 2x each (24 intervals) 12 mins
Round 6: Sets 3 &4 Tabata 20:10 2x each ( 16 intervals) 8 mins
Round 7: Set 4 Tabata 20:10 2x (8 intervals) 4 mins
- Walk out pushups walk back 5
- Heisman hops 20
- Skaters 15
- Ab hammer kicks 20
- Burpee high knee toe taps 8
- Bulgarians Elv push-up, 30lbs
- Step up lunge back switch
- Plyo jump forward & backward, squat & hammer curl to shoulder press, 30lbs B
ox jump squat and press
- Chair pose SL arms overhead This ends up being an alt, 1/2 pistol squat, which is really awesome.
- Bear hold + explosive hops
- Curtsy deadlift plank hop, 30lbs
- Squat tricep catch inchworm back/jump
- Froggy push-ups
- Weighted broad jump rev lunges 180 hop, 15lbs
- Plank hop alt T stands
- SL roll back mat hop 1/2 burpee
Set 4 sliders LOVE how so many YouTube trainers are incorporating slider work lately
- Slider lunge SA row, 20lbs
- Slider lunge SA row
- Back fly slider burpee, 2 10lbs
- Pike, knee tuck, jack legs on sliders