I stuck to my decision to do 2/3rds yoga! My lower back really needed forward bending, so the Marichys and the LBH were good for it. Happily my left knee didn’t feel sore at all this morning, after I made the mistake of doing a ninja move during yesterday’s workout, which is hardly ever a good idea. My knees used to be impervious before 5 years of 3rd series, lol.
Even with the unnecessary poses taken out of primary and hardly ever practicing it, the series does get a bit tedious for me. S’ok though. It’s just once in awhile. My mix that has Marichy C & D and a tiny bit of second is what my body needs more often. I should start doing the ticks once in awhile when I do it that way.
This was a great warmup! I burned 199 in the half hour, whereas Melissa burns 300. That makes the over 1,000 from the Julia workout all the more remarkable. The only other time I burned more than 1,000 from a single activity was when I hiked up & down Dog Mountain with C (on our 2nd date).
1`. Warrior Deadlift-Right, 30
2. Warrior Deadlift-Left
3. Side Tap Leg Lift-Right 15 Put weight in front of right foot & wood chop it up. Return to floor and then do a side lift, left leg.
4. Side Tap Leg Lift-Left
6. Alternating SL Pushups
7. Tricep kickbacks w/ pulse, 20
Tricep Pushup I’ve never liked the tricep push-up! Not sure why but I prefer any other exercise for that muscle group.
8. Overhead Tricep 20
9. Rotating Pushup Jack Jack the feet, do a push-up & rotate to alt sides, leaving feet where they are but reaching up & looking @ hand.
10. Reverse Plank Leg Lift LOVE this move. It really works the back of the legs, right underneath the butt.
11. Knee-In & Switch Lunge
12. Pendulum Squat Squat w/ feet together & lift al legs to the side.
13. Runner’s Lunge Lift-Right
14. Runner’s Lunge Lift-Left
15. Squat Jump
16. Crunch & Tap
17. Elevated Feet, Knee to Opp Shoulder
Knee Tap Plank
18. Side Plank Reach-Right
19. Side Plank Reach-Left
20. Angel Abs
- My version of Suryas & standing
- My version of Primary, skipping Triang Mukha & the Janu Sirsanas. Adding Tittibhasana A before Kurmasana, and Yoganidrasana after Supta Kurmasana.
- Rack 1min x 2, holding on to the slats & then with 5lb weights
- Urdhva D to stand & 3 drop backs
- Paschimo & Finishing, Sirsasana – I’d wanted to do 3min here but my workout was already too long, so I just added a 10 breath part: 1 – 25 breaths straight up, 10 in pike, 10 in backbend, 10 with raised head looking at toes.