I actually really loved this routine! Only thing I wasn’t sure of was the amount of biceps sets, just because I’ve got that weakness in my left arm that’s particularly triggered in bicep work. It did get a little bit pissed at me but not too much.
Warmup: (10/30×6=4min) jump rope. I hadn’t done jump rope in a whole day & was ready for more, lol.
Perform 3 rounds of each strength w/ the different tabata pairs. Then HIIT the 3x.
1. R Curtsey Lunge + Wide Bicep Curl (10 reps) 26lbs
2. L Curtsey Lunge + Bicep Curl (10 reps) 26lbs
3. Get-ups (10 reps) 20lbs Start on back, move weight over head & use momentum to come forward to stand, then do a “slam”. This is HARD for me w/ 20lbs, even no vest. It’s got a yogic appeal. I oughta film my rendition some time.
4. Deadlift (15 reps) 40
5. Push-up + Knee Tuck (10 reps) 5 SL push-ups & change
Tabata Pairs (20:10 x8)
Round 1. Box Jump + 2 strict mtn clibers // decline Tricep Burpee
Round 2. Plank Row + pushup // weighted Squat Jumps 30
Round 3. Rocket Lunge + Heel click Stay on one side 2x and then switch // staggered pushup to goblet hold surfer pivot jump 20 I did a 180 jump b/c I hadn’t previewed this far but that’s ok.
1. Bear Hold Donkey Kicks
2. Split lunge snatch to kneel back front kick 20
3. Burpee back flys 20
4. 3 Strict Mountain Climber +
SA front raise 20 Changed this to both arm front raise on the 2nd round
5. Weighted X Crunch 20 / 10 / 10 Forgot to grab my 5s for the 1st round so did this move with a 10 in each hand, which made it more of an arms than abs move. Plus there’s a lot of this difficulty in the Get-Ups. Got my 5s before starting round 2!!
(Time for routine = 56min)
- Suryas & fundamentals, Linda style
- 1min on the rack
- (10/30×6=4min) Urdvha D, rest, Urdvha D, rest, Urdvha D, Paschimo
- Finishing to Sirsasanas, 1min savasana