So I will be on C’s phone plan. Not sure yet if my number will change and it turns out we’ll have to deal with that Wednesday. He can’t do it early or I may get hit with more fees.
Then and Now
The menial doesn’t even pan out because they’re either incredibly abusive, while expecting an unwarranted “passion” for the job, OR they totally lie about the hours. You agree on what you can do and then you show up and everything’s different. The latter thing was particularly sad for me because now I can never shop there again. I just can’t deal with any corporation on a menial level, no matter how well reputed it might be generally, the minions are never treated well.
Didn’t used to be like that. When I’d expected to have these kinds of shit jobs (while in high school, during and then right after college, since I was stupid enough to go to art school, no matter how good the school and how well I did), they were much, much different. Back then, all of the retail spaces that I encountered employed mostly full-time staff, with benefits that were actually useable. Even the part-time staff had regular hours.
Shit I did so far today
- Dealt with phone issue.
- Meditation / hermetics: all fucking over the place internally and a lot of Aaaaaarrrrgh!!!! energy in the anahata (heart) chakra.
- Moved about 140lbs of equipment from the 2nd floor to the 1st.
- Worked out. Did my circuit training downstairs, and then spent 6min putting my stuff away & getting myself ready upstairs for the yoga portion. I was going to do more – the back bending & shit – but I didn’t feel up to that today.
Do these things count as accomplishments? I have to consider them as such. After all, it’s tempting to just lie there like a slug. But no. It’s my anniversary with life on The Hill. I will buck up. I will help cook. I will apply to more jobs I will not be considered for. But first I’ll shower and move the futon to the office.
Warmup: (10/30×6=4min) jump rope
“No Rest” 1 manmaker at minute interval: (24” Elevation) 60:20 Manmaker in 20-second interval – 13:30 no rest set. This set is INTENSE. I got thru it by using two 15s sometimes, as opposed to two 20s all the way through, and not wearing a vest.
1. Plank Rows 40lbs
3. Renegade Rows 40lbs
4. Squats to Arnold Press (palms towards face and twist and press at top) 30lbs set + MM
5. ½ Burpee / Box Jumps 13” elevation
6. Burpee + Bicep Curls 30lbs set + MM
7. Elevated Plank Alt Cross Knee (to opp arm)
Toe Touches + Tricep Pushup I did 2 cross touches & 1 push-up in between
8. Alt Curtsy Lunges 40lbs
9. Mountain Climbers On floor
10. Manmakers (30lbs set, 40lbs closing MM) Do one more in last, shorter interval
EMOM – finish suggested reps and the rest of the time is your rest period:
1. 10 Alt SA Chest Press + Scissor Leg Cross Crunch 40lbs 2=1 Same leg comes up as hand
2. 10 SL Decline Pushups 1=1
3. Weighted In & Out Squat Jumps 20lbs 2=1
4. 10 Dynamic SL Tricep Pushups
5. 10 DL squats + 10 Box Jumps 40lbs
Tabata Pairs Finisher! : (8 min)
1 Romanian DL’s 30
2 Swings 35lb kettlebell
1 Broad Jumps + Clean & Press + Bunny Hop Back 40lbs
2 Clean & Press 40lbs
- Suryas & fundamentals, dandasana, paschimo & purvottanasana
- no vinyasa, count 5 or 10 depending on how much I felt I needed: marichyasana A-D, pashasana, eka pada sirsa
- my favorite finishing poses (10/60)