In honor of my reading below, especially the first card of withdrawal & intuition, I did a 22-minute seated meditation immediately following.
- I’m really good at detachment.
- I am so light on the planet: these days I do not even possess a lease or keys, never mind the fact I’ve never owned any property, ever, or a car. My carbon footprint is miniscule. I have not contributed to the human overpopulation problem. I’m holding steady at a good, 95% vegan. I don’t even fly anymore! Cannot afford to. Light, light, light.
- As I sat I projected backwards, to The Hovel in NYC, my home base for 22 years. I don’t want to be back there, no, but I imagined my present self sending a message backward. I think I’d gotten it at one point, I got the feeling of it, the tone.
- The human personality through time as a connected tube, not moving in one direction, aka The Time Traveler’s Wife, the book, not the movie.
Card 1, within: II The High Priestess
She hasn’t appeared before! (In 2016 since I started daily readings with this deck anyway).
The High Priestess is the counterpart of The Magician, yin to his yang.
Introduction: The High Priestess is a very spiritual card – often with sexual overtones. It can mean that the querent is in a phase where he or she is going to be much more physically attractive to others. She is tied to the moon, to femininity, and to inspiration.
General: This is a time to rely on your intuition and your inner knowledge, rather than your conscious mind or intellect. Pay attention to your dreams. Synchronicities are likely now.
The ability to remain passive is power – it gives your mind a chance to work, to reflect on what past actions have taught you and to awaken the things inside – it allows you to remember. The transformation from one who “dares” – to one who KNOWS takes place in four stages.
- The first stage is a time of pure reflection when the repetition of an experience is imagined.
- The second stage enters this reflection into your memory.
- In the third stage, this memory is assimilated into thought and feeling – it becomes a “message” or an “inner word”.
- The fourth stage is reached when this “inner word or message” becomes a verbal “symbol or writing”.
Only through withdrawal from outer involvement is the unconscious allowed to emerge and the inner voice of vision allowed to speak. Wisdom can not be expressed in rational terms, for they limit, narrow and falsify it. Wisdom lies hidden safely beneath the smooth surface of your conscious mind and only by stirring up your dreams and visions, can wisdom return to the light of the conscious mind and intuitive understanding be conveyed.
Card 2, without: King of Wands
Last seen on June 3rd in the same position & on May 25th in the 1st position.
Master of your own energy, soul, spirituality, creativity, life force, passions through knowledge and experience. Justice, righteousness, illumination of what was previously dark, misdeeds and bad intentions.
The King of Wands is an indication that you are someone who is very visionary and goal-oriented. You achieve a lot because you are very clear about your future direction and how you will get there. You do not waste your time on activities or relationships that you believe will lead no-where. You never just go with the flow, instead you prefer to embark on a strong and direct course of action.
The King of Wands reminds you to lead your life with intent, vision and a long-term view. Know that even though you are experiencing challenges now this is just a part of your journey to something much more positive. Eventually, you will see this time as just a little blip on the radar and it will have simply served to make you stronger. Stay focused on your long-term goals.
The King of Wands in the present position indicates that any project you are working on is an inspired choice and will take you far.
King of Wands
In the second position: You have someone – a family, a partner, an angel – that you can fall back on. And this shoulder is one who can show you the greater scope in which your difficulties are resolved as lessons learned. With him by your side no problem will be too great to handle.
Card 3, advice: XVI The Tower
Last seen on June 11th in the 2nd position.
This card is the Tarot’s way of acknowledging that the rapid transformation occurring in your world is due to forces beyond your control. Be it a stirring of Mother Nature or the impact of someone else’s economic decisions on your life, understand that these are circumstances with which you had little if any influence over.
In the third position: Spiritual awakening. Listen closely to your inner voice. This reading itself is a profound part of your revelation.
The chaos unleashed by The Tower in this position usually affects one area of your life, but the affects are thorough. You may lose a job, but your love relationship will grow stronger as a result. You might get dumped, but you will get an easier work schedule that boosts your pay. Juxtapositions of absence/abundance are inevitable.
When this card is in the future position, there are no surprises to the coming chaos. You can already see the writing on the wall and the decimation of some structure in your world takes place quickly and totally. When this card appears in this position, the future is days, perhaps hours away. It is not the future of next month that the reading presents.
The liberation of divine light through the phallus that is the tower. Kundalini.
Questions to Answer:
- How are you improving and restructuring yourself and your environment?
- What are you angry about?
- What structures in your life are breaking up?
Keywords: Initiation, liberation, power, dominion, destruction of illusions and conventions, dissolution of individuality. Freedom from unnecessary things which are no longer part of your reality.