A group of at least five conformed omnivores ate & enjoyed. It makes a great breakfast cold too, right out of the fridge, just like “normal” pizza, or as I like to call it, “the tortured cow variety.”
The secret really is making your own vegan mozzarella. We used a store bought dough both times, btw. And a rolling pin to flatten & shape it. C was skeptical of this method first, but I was following the instructions on the package. Contrary to dire warnings it didn’t stick much at all. You only need to use a little flour. And if you spray the baking pan with a small bit of coconut oil it slides right off when cooked.
Accomplishments for the day so far:
- Finally got back in touch with my factory owner friend. I decided not to even try to price by the project. Since my overhead is so low, thanks to the generosity of my BF, I can afford to offer a low hourly rate, less than half what I’d get in NYC.
- Got the missing W2 for my accountant. Had to contact Aquent for the log on info.
- Deposited my last check for the goddess illustrations. I’ll be working on inking those later today. I hope there’s a budget for borders because I love that client. She’s not vague. She’s got her own design sense and is a good communicator. I sent her my delivery update…
Laying out in the sun right now. It’s a hard life! I’d have come out earlier but I was all, “Let me just look at my resume…” Even if the layout’s not 100% done in either version I’m going to print it out later to proof for content.
I should just stop reading BoF if it’s no longer personally relevant!
First I got my mind of the what might have beens by finishing up Sekhmet in Photoshop. I’d discovered anatomical funkiness that couldn’t be corrected in watercolor & ink. Glad I took the time to fix it. Posted a couple places but I still need to update the website, Behance & Pinterest, and Dropbox to the client.
And now I’m sunbathing topless as I like to do, in this new, unanticipated existence. I regularly put tanning into my iCal, I shit you not, because when life gives you lemons, you may as well get a bitchin’ tan.
- Applied to 3 Creative Circle gigs.
- Learned correct, ‘Murican English pronunciation of “sycophant“. It’s “sicko-fant” rather than the “psycho-fent” I thought it was, but not completely enough to not question it.
- Cleaned up bathroom.
- Vacuumed 3 rooms upstairs, exercise & jam rooms.
- Am now setting up to work on the ongoing Illustration project. It felt good just stapling the drawings to the homasote! It’s been too long. Heat, visitors and retail have kept me away. I’m inking Kali and Athena today.
And in other news the sun has appeared!!! I might get in some tanning today as well. I’m just a tiny bit tanned and the psychological benefits of that outweigh any possible skin detriment.
I’ve been doing ab exercises like crazy too, during my workouts. I’ve been much better about reasonable portion sizes lately too.
It’s worse than you can tell here. My little “pooch” casts its own shadow.
I took this selfie in the reflection of the dining room window. I’m on the deck, getting the day’s tanning done before it gets too hot. Unfortunately by the time I’m ready to work today the office will be way too hot to work in, but I’m exhausted from approximately 5 hours of sleep over three consecutive evenings anyway.
It’s too hot to go to bed early, and the sun rises really early, which means Henry starts in around 5. (When your curtain / blind situation is just draped sarongs & there are two fans pointed that direction, there is no light blocking going on.)
I tried getting really drunk pretty much immediately after coming back from yesterday’s hike in the hopes of knocking myself out early. Fail! Oh well.
Writing this on my newly installed WordPress app.
I should try out my selfie stick soon.