The WordPress website is pretty emphatic that if you don’t save backup codes, you’re fucked on an unpaid plan. Who knew? It’s yet another casualty of leaving AT&T. Lucky for me it’s not all that much of a punishment. I’ve given up or let go of so much already. What’s another thing? It’s not like I ever found another real audience either, once I excited the cult of ashtanga. Blogging has been an entrenched habit, but I don’t need it.
Of course there’s all the stuff in the now-closed Batcave/s. It’ll be stuck in a vault for as long as the internet lasts, lol. No biggie.
Maybe I’ll just start sharing my stats on Instagram. I don’t generally do that unless I feel they’re noteworthy for some reason, but if I just want a sharing platform… why not?
10 Plank walk out pushup
11 Lunge and twist
12 Plank pendulum legs
13 Curtsy lunge round house leg
14 Butt kickers
15 Jumping jacks
No rest tabata 20:10 8x +8lb vest
1. Bulgarians: Split lunge DL (switch leg after 4 rounds) 30lbs
2. Push-up + alt t stand presses 30lbs: spider man reaches frm plank, knee to elbow & opp arm reaches forward
3. Incline Chest press: chest press hold + hip thrust 40lbsrest weights on quads for hip thrust No vest.
4. split lunge snatches: ski squats 30lbs This was REALLY hard! lol. I had one of those “will I or won’t I make it?” moments. (I made it.)
Circuit #1: 4x 8 reps each √, √, √, √time = 21:03
1. (3) switch lunge weight pick up and set down 30lbs
2. alt curtsy to squat drop weight & jump = 1 rep 40lbs
3. Push-up alt t-stand + press arm up and dip and press = 1. Do 4 one arm & 4 the other 10lbs No vest 3rd & 4th rounds. I also dropped weight by 5lbs before starting this circuit, once re-remembered it’s 4x.
Circuit #2: 3x time = 20:51
1. 10 clean and presses 40lbs
2. 15 tricep push-up on weights deadlift burpee 30lbs
3. 10 Bulgarians DL drop weight and hop (5/ per leg) = 1 rep 30lbs BRUTAL!!!
Circuit # 3: complex 5 reps each don’t drop weight 5x +8lb vest √, √, √, √, √ Time = 19:35
1. Deficit DL (from bench) 40lbs
2. SL Back load box squats to fwd lunge (RL Box squat, LL fwd lunge) 3/leg20lbs 1st round, then 10lbs rounds 2 & 3, no weight but 8lb vest for last two rounds, lol.
3. Squat and press 30lbs
4. OH Rev lunges 3/leg 40lbs
5. Back load 1&3/4 squat 40lbs all the way down, to ¾, down & all the way up
I got my workout in, and I FINALLY got my phone unlocked from the dreaded AT&T and connected to Verizon!!! Had started the process of changing carriers on the 13th. It took 18 days, all of which was caused by AT&T refusing to go in & do a manual unlock until I finally filed a Better Business claim.
And now of course I have to deal with laptop issues. I was forced to replace the last one in March 2015. I’ve had three Mac laptops and two desktop. I’ve noticed with the former that their little lives get shorter and shorter and shorter.
I’m probably going to be doing a whole lot more yoga. It goes well with my studies, which I cannot wait to talk about (in April).
In other news, I FINALLY GOT MY IPHONE UNOCKED FROM AT&T & CONNECTED TO VERIZON! Woot! Woot! Am just finishing up the process of restoring the stuff on it from this morning’s backup!
Random thoughts that came up
Static stretching & my tendency to do everything my own way: It’s funny that I was doing static stretching for years as a warm-up to ashtanga practice, for which the “conventional wisdom” and recommendations are that you do as close to nothing to prepare, before the Suryas, as possible. In my case there are certain poses that address specific bodily imbalances which, if done briefly before an ashtanga routine, make the whole thing much more enjoyable. Contrary to some indications I try to limit my masochism
The beginner’s mind & the irony that excessive ego attachment is so much more prevalent in adept yoga practitioners. It makes total sense. People are attracted to things they’re good at, hence most yoga teachers are individuals who’ve experienced a lot of ego gratification via yoga, especially in the Instagram age.
Suryas & fundamentals
my basic Primary, with standard omissions and additions
Realized I’d forgotten the Ardha Baddha Padmo yesterday. No wonder why Titthibhasana B was hard to bind! Was more of a slow, tedious practice than yesterday, but yoga is harder in a way that is not recognized by “the burn”. Also, problematically, if you increase your range of motion you kind of have to maintain attention to this permanently. This is because when lifting or building strength, things travel more than they should, and if you don’t stretch & smooth them out regularly they congeal in bad formations.
2nd thru Laghu Vajrasana, then a Kapo B. I’m still not attempting a bind and lowering elbows these days. Too risky. And I didn’t precede that with an EPRK (Eka Pada Rada Kapo) because I haven’t been practicing consistently.
But I did do my 3 drop backs and 3 ticks after Urdhva D.
Finishing to my Sirsasana menu. I skipped the rest of the finishing because I’d decided to do my daily sit & pranayama after.
1:17 to end of series poses for the day (to Kapo B today, w/ no Kapo reg. This is my way, post “Miami”).
I had to start a bit late though, because I ate some of the most excellent (and vegan!) bean soup I made yesterday for a late lunch. I actually cooked a totally untested recipe for jam night without really worrying. It was spontaneous.
I say this over and over but I really can’t afford to neglect the yoga. I should do one full practice a week, meaning something that involves some decent forward bending, back bending, drop back and ticks. I was stiff! For the first time in memory I couldn’t just stroll into the Titthibhasana B [EDIT UPDATE, correction] that I usually do right before Kurmasana. I couldn’t get the bind! So I threw in an extra LBH that isn’t normally in this mix, Eka Pada Sirsasana. Even then it was really tough to bind that Titthi (lol). Other LBH was as usual though, not harder.
Because it was enough to “get on the mat” in a real way (it happens so rarely) I didn’t do any of the beginning of 2nd, that I sometimes will do after my version of primary. I wanted to save my psychological fortitude for the 3 drop backs and 3 ticks. I hadn’t done ticks downstairs, where someone might witness, in ages. Mission accomplished.
Julia has spoiled me! That’s why I didn’t post the supposed burn as part of the routine title, which is how it’s shown on YouTube. I at least expected to hit half way though, not like 42%. Goes to show just how hard I’m working when I actually DO burn north of 700.
I should’ve done one of Julia’s short routines with a more serious yoga. I haven’t done anything approaching a “complete” yoga practice in quite awhile. Oh wells. I added on 35min of the easy stuff & at least cracked 400.
Section 3: Cardio (50:10) +8lb vest
2) speed skaters
3) 2 plank hops, 1 tuck jump
4) fast feet
5) plank jack w/ shoulder tap
6) toe touch jacks
7) hop over weight 6x, 10 mountain climbers
Section 4: Lower Body (50:10)
1) goblet squats 35lbs
2) squat jumps
3) step up, lunge back (right leg)
4) step up, lunge back (left leg)
5) switch lunges
6) SL Deadlift hip thrust (right leg) 30lbs I did enough hip thrusts yesterday!
7) Other side
Section 5: BURPEES (50:10) No vest. Is too loose and annoying for a burpee set.
1) star burpees
2) plank row burpees 40lbs I can do hammer curls w/ 20lbs in each hand now. Who knew? BTW the last Bodyrock workout I did, forgot to mention that I hadn’t brought my crossfit assist band downstairs so I did full range pull-ups & chin-ups w/ no assist. I’ll have to note how many reps I got for each next time.
3) pike pushup/regular pushup burpees
4) frog burpees
5) tricep burpees
6) 180 degree burpees with tuck jump
7) squat jump pushup burpees
Section 6: Booty Burnout (50:10) With 5lb ankle weights (5lb ea leg)
1) glute kick backs (right leg)
2) glute kick backs (left leg)
3) laying leg lift (right leg)
4) laying leg lift (left leg)
5) squat and leg lift (right leg)
6) squat and leg lift (left leg)
7) elevated plank glute raises
Section 7: Core Burnout (50:10)
1) knee-in sliders
2) side plank (right side)
3) pike sliders
4) side plank (left side)
5) russian twist
6) baby plank walk with sliders
7) V HOLD
I’m dealing with TWO fraudulent, infuriating corporations at the same time! Nevertheless I had a great workout
AT&T is even worse than iPage, because they’re holding my iPhone hostage. I may have gotten through with the AT&T this morning however. My 3rd unlock request failed. Called yesterday (for the umpteenth time) after the 2nd denial. Found out someone there had not gotten my IMEI number into my account, probably when I bought my latest iPhone in February 2015, and therefore the “information didn’t match”, causing their asshole system to throw my request in the trash, yet again. My 2/27 agent said he “couldn’t” put in unlock request #4 from his end, since my account is closed. My 2/28 agent went to a specialist & got permission to initiate, and she put some notes into the request. Who knows if it’ll work? I waited until I was done with my morning work before I checked the unlock portal today, as yesterday I’d been so upset it’d zapped all my energy into oblivion. The frustration and impotent rage sends my adrenalin levels through the fucking roof, and then it takes a long time to calm down, after which I’m often exhausted. Yesterday I fell asleep in the late afternoon for awhile and still went to bed at 9:30.
iPage… the stories are just too long. I only found two other reviews on Google, where I went to get a corporate address for the sake of my Better Business Bureau complaint. The other reviews were both one star, and I added mind. Updated it once already too! Let a picture suffice for today’s summary. Generally, I try to give them three doses of negative exposure each time they irritate me with their ineptness.
I decided to just do a Julia workout following along, without any preview at all, pausing where ever necessary.
Warm up 30:30
1. Walk out pushup
2. Lateral lunge + twist to open
3. High knees
5. Crab dip + reach back
Round 1 (14 reps) 13” Elv
1. Lunge: Bulgarian + deadlift (14/leg) 30lbs + 8lb vest
Round 2 (50:10) 13” Elv 10 min +8lb vest
1. Lunge: Lizards
2. Butt: box jump + glute squeeze at the top and bottom
3. Squat: Broad jump + ninja (hands behind head)
4. Push up: Pushup fast knee tuck
5. Kick boxing: 4 plank punches + jump to squat + 4 crosses
6. Shoulders: pike push up + kick up to handstand
7. Bicep: ski squat jump + hammer curl in squat 30lbs
8. Tricep: tricep fall + plank hop in + 180 tuck jump
9. Plank: commando down + elbow to knees + commando up + pike jump in
10. Bench abs: decline tricep push up on bench + hop pike in & back up + toe touches x 2
Round 3 (No rest tabata 20:10 x 6) 6 min 40lbs w/ 8lb vest
1. Lunge: Forward lunge
a. Strict mtn climbers
2. Butt: hip thrusts
a. hip thrust holds
Round 4 (50:10) 9 min + 8lb vest
1. Lunge: curtsy lunge 40lbs
2. Butt: deadlift 40lbs (no longer a challenge but it’s the heaviest I got)
3. Squat: back load box squat 40lbs
4. Push up: push up on weights + t-stand press 20lbs
5. Kick boxing: front kick + elbow + 180 tuck
6. Shoulders: bicep curl + arnold press 30lbs
7. Bicep: narrow to wide bicep curls 30lbs
8. Tricep: weighted plank walk forward + staggered tricep push up 20lbs (failure w/ the staggered push-ups + vest!)
9. Plank: Plank lateral walk x 3 + kickthroughs
Round 6 (50:10) 6 min
1. Lunge: goblet curtsy up and over and switch 20lbs
2. Butt: lateral box jump + pistol squat+ 180 to switch took off vest just for this move cause of the pistol squats
3. Squat: broad jump + bunny hop back
4. Push ups: SL push up + open to side plank + upper leg lift
5. Kick boxing: 3 hooks + switch kick
6. Shoulders: split lunge snatch 30lbs
7. Bicep: boat hold bicep curl 20lbs
8. Tricep: crab walk forward + flip over to tricep push up + crab walk back + flip over to tricep push up This was harder than you’d think! Liked it tho.
Round 7 (tabata pairs time pyramid 10:10:20:10:30:10:40:10:40:10:30:10:20:10:10:10) 9:20 min +8lb vest
1. Lunge: alt plyo curtsy
2. Butt: dragon lunges 30lbs 1st round then 35lb kettlebell
Round 8 (50:10) 7 min +8lb vest
1. Lunge: weighted lateral touchdowns 20lbs
2. Butt: Step up rev and switch Used higher elevation (my hope chest) now that I’m working out downstairs again. Have to measure it.
3. Squat: twerknado + burpee two 20lbs
4. Push up: weighted ups burpees 30lbs
5. Kick boxing: crunch up + 4 weighted crosses 20lbs
6. Shoulders: around the world arms + squat while front raising 20lbs
7. Bicep: rev grip pushups
Round 9 (10 rep) +8lb vest
1. Lunge: fwd lunge to SL DL to rev lunge (5/leg) 30lbs
2. Butt: decline donkey kicks (10/leg)
3. Squat: front load squats 40lbs
4. Push up: push up + side plank press + tricep ext 10lbs
5. Kick boxing: roll back tuck jump cross cross took off vest here & left it off!
Round 10 (tabata pairs) 20:10 4x each pair 6 min no vest (feels like the cool down, lol)
1. Lunge: groiners
2. Butt: deadlift + plank hop 40lbs
That first set! I give myself 15 seconds for transition / list checking / face drying time. I had to slow down on the jump rope because I kept going north of 170 and I hit 180 more than once. Felt ok though, but that’s definitely when I ease up. I can feel the beginning of dizziness there.