This is an excellent workout but it really didn’t make me feel better. I’m in a loooong and dark run of the sads and I can’t see things changing any time soon, if ever. I do pat myself on the back for getting out of bed and doing it though. For one thing, I get way more headaches if I don’t exercise, and a steady diet of ibuprofren really isn’t going to help. I already had 400mg today. It’d be nice to cap it there.
I did the opening plank & HIIT portion from the video and the rest mostly from my list. If there’s one thing I’ve got it’s time and I may as well do my reps more slowly if that seems to be what works best for my body.
Plank it till you make it:3 Total Rounds Each 4 min (12 min total) shared from AXFIT
1. Plank Hold on Elbows (1 min)
2. Plank Walk Laterally on Elbows the length of your Mat, low inchworm to low squat, power jump up, low inchworm back down to elbow plank, walk over to other side of mat, then walk back to the other side and repeat (jumping at only one side of the mat) (2 min)
3. Side to Side Lateral Mogul low squat jumps (1 min)
1. Elbow Plank Jacks (1 min)
2. Plank Walk on Elbows forward up to the top of the Mat + x 2 Chest to Mat Burpees then plank walk back down the mat in reverse (backwards), then back up the mat again , x 2 Chest to Mat Burpees at the top of the mat (2 min)
3. Power Switch Jump Lunges (1 min) stay low
1. High Plank Hops over the Mat (1 min)
2. Plank Suicides (Commandoes) start on elbows alt R/L with each up/down + alt shoulder taps and alt toe taps in up position. (2 min)
3. Side to Side Lateral Mogul low squat jumps and on one side do a power switch lung R/L (1 min)
Pyramid: 2 Exercises paired together, one rep of A, then one rep of B. Then 2 reps of A, followed by 2 reps of B……all the way to 5 and 5.
A. Elevated Manmakers. 30lbs Push-up & row, push-up & row other side. Jump forward. Clean & press. Switched to list right here after the 2x for each round! I wanted to use 15lbs each hand on the manmakers & touch tip of nose to floor each push-up, going slow & controlled. I also like to jot notes as I go!
B. Straight Arm Kickbacks, 20lbs Palms facing up toward ceiling. Love this move.
A. DL Rainbow Right 40lbs ankle weights for this & next set √ Your legs feel SO LIGHT when you take ’em off
B. OH Press w/ RL Knee Lift + Leg Extension 20lbs
A. DL Rainbows Left
B. OH Press w/ LL Knee Lift + Leg Extension
A.Assisted Pull-up Should start this one next time with no or lighter assist (thinner band)
B. Kneeling Clean + Press, 40lbs
A. Reverse Lunge Right on Slider + Hammer Curl 30lbs
B. Assisted Chin-up Did first 2 with no band. I have to find where I put my lighter bands when I moved the last time.
A. Reverse Lunge Left on Slider + Bicep Curl 30lbs
B. OH Tricep Extension 20lbs
A. Right Figure 4 Squat Hold w/ Front Raise 20lbs
B. Narrow Squat & bent over Fly 20lbs
A. Left Figure 4 Squat Hold w/ Lateral Raise 20lbs
B. Sandbag (or DB)1/2 Burpee Upright Row 20lbs Way too light for the rows. I’d have gone to 12-13 if I had fucking adjustable weights god damnit. Didn’t wanna jump to 15s here.
HIIT Cardio: 50/10 (with weighted vest)
- Angry Donkey Wall Kicks x 3 (land in low squat) + Squat Jump x 1
- Squat Jump x 3 + Push Ups x 3
- Pike up “V” Abs x 2 + Lift body in “L” sit off of DB’s (L-sit for 3 counts was absolutely no problem for me & I was wearing my vest, but I think that’s bc of my yoga background. You need good hamstring flexibility for this.)
- Dynamic Squat Touchdowns x 3 + Chest to Floor Burpee Tuck Jump x 1
- Switch Lunges x 3 + SL Spiderman Push Up x 1
- 10 Mtn Climbers + 3 Wide Leg Frogger
Tuck Jump Hop Over DB or Mat
Abs: Repeat 2x
- Elbow Plank Mat Hops R/L (20 reps)
- Crunch Up Twist Right + Crunch Up Twist Left (20 reps) Really slow with full range of motion here so I paused the video the 1st time through & did 2nd round of the abs from list.
- Elbow Plank – Jack Legs (20 rep)
- Bicycle Abs (20 reps) (1=1)
- Tuck Jumps (standing) 20 reps
- Crab Toe Touch Right Side Only (20 reps) These moves would probably be better done alternating bc you’d be forced to bring your balance back to the middle between every rep.
- Crab Toe Touch Left Side Only (20 reps)
- Bicep Curl in “V” Sit (20 reps) 20lbs
- Weighted Windshield Wipers: wt. between feet, wt. in right arm, feet go to left side, arm goes right to side, both come up to the center, repeat. (20 reps) 1st round 3lbs bet feet & 10lbs in hand & 10 reps per side. 2nd round 5lbs bet feet & same bet hands & 20 reps per side
- Weighted Windshield Wipers: wt. between feet, wt. in left arm, feet go to right, arm goes to left (20 reps)*I did 10 reps
(1:35, rounding down)
I guess it was about 14-15min, depending on how long it took for me to get my fugly sneakers off & rearrange the space.