Looks like I’m going to get ample opportunities to work on my tanning this week.
I’ve gotten a bit bored with the cards lately… Doing daily readings is good to start to get the meanings of some of the cards, particularly when they are prone to repeating themselves. Repetition makes perfect sense when you consider the fact that energetic trends don’t dissipate entirely & start completely anew on a 24-hour schedule. However all the optimism concerning career has yet to manifest. Bored!
Maybe I’ll change things up next time & do a different spread, like the Celtic Cross. That’s a really traditional one that uses 10 cards.
OK fuck it, I did did a Celtic Cross now out of curiosity, and it’s so good I’ve gotta take some notes. (Ya I’m just gonna zone out on cards & imagery this morning, but there are worse things to do.)
- Central Issue: Knight of Disks I’m not surprised this came up as the central life issue card, b/c it’s been a fairly frequent guest lately. In the first position: All knights serve a higher master in this world, independent of their spiritual learnings. As such your purpose will be seen in the context of an older person’s or group’s purpose.
- What Crosses You: Queen of Disks This is one of my MOST frequent cards, not surprising either. [The Tarot suit of Pentacles at first glance clearly seems to be about money. Looking deeper, however, although money is part of what the Pentacles represent, in truth it is about prosperity, which goes far beyond money and one’s bank balance. The Pentacles are associated with the element of earth, and astrologically with the signs of Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn.]In the second position: A family member or someone you can fall back on. It can also suggest that you have very basic, healthy processes and instincts that serve you well. You are in harmony with your surroundings and should have many a safe harbor if you need it.
- What Lies Below: IX The Hermit In the third position: The arrival of a guide or teacher. Be prepared to meet yourself – for this can be one of your past lives. In effect, you coming to guide yourself with this matter at hand. Whatever the personification of the source of this message, this brings you closer to the belief system that is specifically correct to carry you forward on your path. This is the dialect of the philosophical language of truth which will best suit you.
- What Lies Behind (past): XX Judgment In the fourth position: Your early emotional imprint on which you build even today is virtually utopian, but the realizable utopia of universal love (brought to the West by the Christ) and understanding (brought to the East by the Buddha). ??? Mmmm… I dunno about this one, but it’s in a past position anyways so…
- What Lies Above (possibilities): 3 of Disks In the fifth position: You are planning now for growth in your Physical/material Plane – health, business, et al. Perhaps taking a much more personal interest in your business or personal affairs – how to imporve the quality/quantity. Yup
- What Lies Before (future): 8 of Disks In the sixth position: With your involvement with your projects and your success, you must work even harder at how you interface with your loved ones and coworkers. For as much as they share your dreams and back you – they cannot know all that you know and feel all that you feel.
- Yourself: XVI Temperance In the eighth position: You are having to temper your actions, saying and doing less (or more as the case may demand if you have been too passive). Reconciliation may be underway. Redistribution of material resources with high emotional content.
- Your Environment: 6 of Wands In the ninth position: Perhaps your heart has plans of which you are not yet aware. It may wish for closer ties, much more interaction, with many more people than your extended self now embraces. Yes, yes!!! More interactions!!! Buddies!!!
- Hopes & Fears: 9 of Disks In the ninth position: You are energized by your fortunate circumstances and wish only to share you experiences and your pleasure with others. I AM an over sharer. I remember the days, though, when I was first blogging & filming yoga & people seemed to think it was gauche. Look at them now!
- Outcome: X The Wheel of Fortune In the tenth position: One overhears as the gods speak to the gods. There is an ineffable presence. WTF is that interpretation? I think it should be more clear & favorable.The Wheel of Fortune lets you see that emotionally – your strongest feelings are where you will find your talents. Spiritually – to seek your fortune is to grow. Mentally you must “risk” misfortune to grow and physically you are rewarded as your talents manifest themselves. Look for new opportunities – change is exactly what you need. Examine new ideas carefully before you discard them. Exercise your strength and prepare to adapt to new and different circumstances. Treat everything as an opportunity. Do it with an optimistic mind, fearless heart and sense of service to the planet and this good karma brings success and rewards to all levels of life. Innovative ideas will result from your past experiences – decisions will be made, luck prevails and destiny will work itself out positively, for you are growing toward wholeness and harmony. First you get an idea, then you get fired up about doing it – you choose a suitable means to achieve it, you are required to go through the “blood, sweat and tears” of the process and finally – you see the results. Maintain a steady pace – things are not always as they “seem” on the surface. Keep planting the seeds you wish to reap – they will develop in time. As your inner, mental images exteriorize – new situations and experiences must fit your existing “belief” structure. New ideas cause change and you can change or alter your experiences by changing and altering your beliefs. To prevent a “limiting” belief from creating reality – you must first become aware of it, so that you can change it according to the reality you want. To change a physical effect – you must change your original belief and as your beliefs change so will your experiences.