The WordPress website is pretty emphatic that if you don’t save backup codes, you’re fucked on an unpaid plan. Who knew? It’s yet another casualty of leaving AT&T. Lucky for me it’s not all that much of a punishment. I’ve given up or let go of so much already. What’s another thing? It’s not like I ever found another real audience either, once I excited the cult of ashtanga. Blogging has been an entrenched habit, but I don’t need it.
Of course there’s all the stuff in the now-closed Batcave/s. It’ll be stuck in a vault for as long as the internet lasts, lol. No biggie.
Maybe I’ll just start sharing my stats on Instagram. I don’t generally do that unless I feel they’re noteworthy for some reason, but if I just want a sharing platform… why not?
10 Plank walk out pushup
11 Lunge and twist
12 Plank pendulum legs
13 Curtsy lunge round house leg
14 Butt kickers
15 Jumping jacks
No rest tabata 20:10 8x +8lb vest
1. Bulgarians: Split lunge DL (switch leg after 4 rounds) 30lbs
2. Push-up + alt t stand presses 30lbs: spider man reaches frm plank, knee to elbow & opp arm reaches forward
3. Incline Chest press: chest press hold + hip thrust 40lbsrest weights on quads for hip thrust No vest.
4. split lunge snatches: ski squats 30lbs This was REALLY hard! lol. I had one of those “will I or won’t I make it?” moments. (I made it.)
Circuit #1: 4x 8 reps each √, √, √, √time = 21:03
1. (3) switch lunge weight pick up and set down 30lbs
2. alt curtsy to squat drop weight & jump = 1 rep 40lbs
3. Push-up alt t-stand + press arm up and dip and press = 1. Do 4 one arm & 4 the other 10lbs No vest 3rd & 4th rounds. I also dropped weight by 5lbs before starting this circuit, once re-remembered it’s 4x.
Circuit #2: 3x time = 20:51
1. 10 clean and presses 40lbs
2. 15 tricep push-up on weights deadlift burpee 30lbs
3. 10 Bulgarians DL drop weight and hop (5/ per leg) = 1 rep 30lbs BRUTAL!!!
Circuit # 3: complex 5 reps each don’t drop weight 5x +8lb vest √, √, √, √, √ Time = 19:35
1. Deficit DL (from bench) 40lbs
2. SL Back load box squats to fwd lunge (RL Box squat, LL fwd lunge) 3/leg20lbs 1st round, then 10lbs rounds 2 & 3, no weight but 8lb vest for last two rounds, lol.
3. Squat and press 30lbs
4. OH Rev lunges 3/leg 40lbs
5. Back load 1&3/4 squat 40lbs all the way down, to ¾, down & all the way up
I’m dealing with TWO fraudulent, infuriating corporations at the same time! Nevertheless I had a great workout
AT&T is even worse than iPage, because they’re holding my iPhone hostage. I may have gotten through with the AT&T this morning however. My 3rd unlock request failed. Called yesterday (for the umpteenth time) after the 2nd denial. Found out someone there had not gotten my IMEI number into my account, probably when I bought my latest iPhone in February 2015, and therefore the “information didn’t match”, causing their asshole system to throw my request in the trash, yet again. My 2/27 agent said he “couldn’t” put in unlock request #4 from his end, since my account is closed. My 2/28 agent went to a specialist & got permission to initiate, and she put some notes into the request. Who knows if it’ll work? I waited until I was done with my morning work before I checked the unlock portal today, as yesterday I’d been so upset it’d zapped all my energy into oblivion. The frustration and impotent rage sends my adrenalin levels through the fucking roof, and then it takes a long time to calm down, after which I’m often exhausted. Yesterday I fell asleep in the late afternoon for awhile and still went to bed at 9:30.
iPage… the stories are just too long. I only found two other reviews on Google, where I went to get a corporate address for the sake of my Better Business Bureau complaint. The other reviews were both one star, and I added mind. Updated it once already too! Let a picture suffice for today’s summary. Generally, I try to give them three doses of negative exposure each time they irritate me with their ineptness.
I decided to just do a Julia workout following along, without any preview at all, pausing where ever necessary.
Warm up 30:30
1. Walk out pushup
2. Lateral lunge + twist to open
3. High knees
5. Crab dip + reach back
Round 1 (14 reps) 13” Elv
1. Lunge: Bulgarian + deadlift (14/leg) 30lbs + 8lb vest
Round 2 (50:10) 13” Elv 10 min +8lb vest
1. Lunge: Lizards
2. Butt: box jump + glute squeeze at the top and bottom
3. Squat: Broad jump + ninja (hands behind head)
4. Push up: Pushup fast knee tuck
5. Kick boxing: 4 plank punches + jump to squat + 4 crosses
6. Shoulders: pike push up + kick up to handstand
7. Bicep: ski squat jump + hammer curl in squat 30lbs
8. Tricep: tricep fall + plank hop in + 180 tuck jump
9. Plank: commando down + elbow to knees + commando up + pike jump in
10. Bench abs: decline tricep push up on bench + hop pike in & back up + toe touches x 2
Round 3 (No rest tabata 20:10 x 6) 6 min 40lbs w/ 8lb vest
1. Lunge: Forward lunge
a. Strict mtn climbers
2. Butt: hip thrusts
a. hip thrust holds
Round 4 (50:10) 9 min + 8lb vest
1. Lunge: curtsy lunge 40lbs
2. Butt: deadlift 40lbs (no longer a challenge but it’s the heaviest I got)
3. Squat: back load box squat 40lbs
4. Push up: push up on weights + t-stand press 20lbs
5. Kick boxing: front kick + elbow + 180 tuck
6. Shoulders: bicep curl + arnold press 30lbs
7. Bicep: narrow to wide bicep curls 30lbs
8. Tricep: weighted plank walk forward + staggered tricep push up 20lbs (failure w/ the staggered push-ups + vest!)
9. Plank: Plank lateral walk x 3 + kickthroughs
Round 6 (50:10) 6 min
1. Lunge: goblet curtsy up and over and switch 20lbs
2. Butt: lateral box jump + pistol squat+ 180 to switch took off vest just for this move cause of the pistol squats
3. Squat: broad jump + bunny hop back
4. Push ups: SL push up + open to side plank + upper leg lift
5. Kick boxing: 3 hooks + switch kick
6. Shoulders: split lunge snatch 30lbs
7. Bicep: boat hold bicep curl 20lbs
8. Tricep: crab walk forward + flip over to tricep push up + crab walk back + flip over to tricep push up This was harder than you’d think! Liked it tho.
Round 7 (tabata pairs time pyramid 10:10:20:10:30:10:40:10:40:10:30:10:20:10:10:10) 9:20 min +8lb vest
1. Lunge: alt plyo curtsy
2. Butt: dragon lunges 30lbs 1st round then 35lb kettlebell
Round 8 (50:10) 7 min +8lb vest
1. Lunge: weighted lateral touchdowns 20lbs
2. Butt: Step up rev and switch Used higher elevation (my hope chest) now that I’m working out downstairs again. Have to measure it.
3. Squat: twerknado + burpee two 20lbs
4. Push up: weighted ups burpees 30lbs
5. Kick boxing: crunch up + 4 weighted crosses 20lbs
6. Shoulders: around the world arms + squat while front raising 20lbs
7. Bicep: rev grip pushups
Round 9 (10 rep) +8lb vest
1. Lunge: fwd lunge to SL DL to rev lunge (5/leg) 30lbs
2. Butt: decline donkey kicks (10/leg)
3. Squat: front load squats 40lbs
4. Push up: push up + side plank press + tricep ext 10lbs
5. Kick boxing: roll back tuck jump cross cross took off vest here & left it off!
Round 10 (tabata pairs) 20:10 4x each pair 6 min no vest (feels like the cool down, lol)
1. Lunge: groiners
2. Butt: deadlift + plank hop 40lbs
Didn’t have time to preview this one at all, which actually takes me longer than following along (just for Julia’s workouts) b/c I like to pause the video after nearly every set to jot down notes.
Also didn’t bother to stretch after, like at ALL! I may get suddenly busy very soon and I have a bit of a commuting problem, in that it’s going to take up too much of my free time for me to be able to work out more than twice a week. That is, unless I do two, 2-hour sets on Saturday and Sunday and don’t do anything else on my weekends besides laundry, lol.
Format Supersets by Christine Comeau
1. Lateral lunge +arm reach
2. Body weight squat (slow) + jump for height
3. Warrior 1 reach transition to warrior 3
4. 8 butt kickers + 8 high knee runs
5. Frog squat + hands to floor straight into a forward fold + jump back to plank
1. squat hands down jump out to plank + yoga tricep push up + downward dog
Complex “warm up” (12 reps x 2) 40lbs for all
1. Step ups
3. Back lunge
EMOM (60:60) 6 min 20lbs Was a little heavy for me for the swing so ended up being like a hammer curl.
1. SL deadlift (left)
2. SL deadlift + split squat (left)
3. SL deadlift + split squat + switch foot SA swing 4 (left)
4. SL deadlift + split squat + switch foot swing 4 (right)
5. SL deadlift + split squat (right)
6. SL deadlift
No rest Tabata + burnout 4 min raise elv to 13” 40lbs
1. Deadlift + squat
a. Box jumps
Twerknado Burpee Complex (50:20) 7 min 20lbs This was a bit hard to follow w/out the preview, but s’ok.
In the 20 sec break complete a twerknado + staggered push up burpee. 2 push ups =1
1. SA clean and press (left)
2. Staggered push up (left)
2. 180 squat jumps
5. Staggered push up (right)
6. SA clean and press (right)
No Rest Tabata + burnout (20:10 x8) 4 min
1 Clean and press 40lbs
a. 180 squat jumps
Twerknado burnout (60 sec) 1 min
Complex (8 reps x 3)
Place heavy weights on chairs to keep them from shifting
Or leg weights
1. Oblique knee in (hanging from pull-up bar)
2. Push ups / frogger
3. Straight abs (elbows to legs) leg raises
EMOM (60:60) gladiator get ups 6 min 10lbs Still don’t like these moves at all. Feels awkward. But I guess it’s ok to do moves you don’t like every once in awhile. Reminds me of the old days of yoga! Plus I’m about to be a weekend only person.
1. Left arm floor to press up
2. Left arm floor to press up + side plank press
3. Left arm gladiator get ups + front to back toe taps
4. Right arm gladiator get ups + front to back toe taps
5. Right arm floor to sit up + side plank press
6. Right arm floor to press up
No Rest tabata + burnout 4 min Ankle weights, 5lbs each leg
1. Tricep push up to side plank + leg raise (dynamic)
a. Side leg lifts
So I will be on C’s phone plan. Not sure yet if my number will change and it turns out we’ll have to deal with that Wednesday. He can’t do it early or I may get hit with more fees.
Then and Now
The menial doesn’t even pan out because they’re either incredibly abusive, while expecting an unwarranted “passion” for the job, OR they totally lie about the hours. You agree on what you can do and then you show up and everything’s different. The latter thing was particularly sad for me because now I can never shop there again. I just can’t deal with any corporation on a menial level, no matter how well reputed it might be generally, the minions are never treated well.
Didn’t used to be like that. When I’d expected to have these kinds of shit jobs (while in high school, during and then right after college, since I was stupid enough to go to art school, no matter how good the school and how well I did), they were much, much different. Back then, all of the retail spaces that I encountered employed mostly full-time staff, with benefits that were actually useable. Even the part-time staff had regular hours.
Shit I did so far today
Dealt with phone issue.
Meditation / hermetics: all fucking over the place internally and a lot of Aaaaaarrrrgh!!!! energy in the anahata (heart) chakra.
Moved about 140lbs of equipment from the 2nd floor to the 1st.
Worked out. Did my circuit training downstairs, and then spent 6min putting my stuff away & getting myself ready upstairs for the yoga portion. I was going to do more – the back bending & shit – but I didn’t feel up to that today.
Do these things count as accomplishments? I have to consider them as such. After all, it’s tempting to just lie there like a slug. But no. It’s my anniversary with life on The Hill. I will buck up. I will help cook. I will apply to more jobs I will not be considered for. But first I’ll shower and move the futon to the office.
“No Rest” 1 manmaker at minute interval: (24” Elevation) 60:20 Manmaker in 20-second interval – 13:30 no rest set. This set is INTENSE. I got thru it by using two 15s sometimes, as opposed to two 20s all the way through, and not wearing a vest.
1. Plank Rows 40lbs
3. Renegade Rows 40lbs
4. Squats to Arnold Press (palms towards face and twist and press at top) 30lbs set + MM
5. ½ Burpee / Box Jumps 13” elevation
6. Burpee + Bicep Curls 30lbs set + MM
7. Elevated Plank Alt Cross Knee (to opp arm) Toe Touches + Tricep Pushup I did 2 cross touches & 1 push-up in between
8. Alt Curtsy Lunges 40lbs
9. Mountain Climbers On floor
10. Manmakers (30lbs set, 40lbs closing MM) Do one more in last, shorter interval
EMOM – finish suggested reps and the rest of the time is your rest period:
1. 10 Alt SA Chest Press + Scissor Leg Cross Crunch 40lbs 2=1 Same leg comes up as hand
2. 10 SL Decline Pushups 1=1
3. Weighted In & Out Squat Jumps 20lbs 2=1
4. 10 Dynamic SL Tricep Pushups
5. 10 DL squats + 10 Box Jumps 40lbs
Also a hike with my 12lb cat strapped to my back, though I wasn’t measuring that. The sun was out, for once, and it was a bit warm-ish. We hung Henry in his carrier from a backpack rack, and I took him up the muddy trail to Council Crest Park and back. Unfortunately, it being a Saturday there was a ton of off-leash dogs running around and kitty wanted no part of it. He didn’t want to get out of his case so I didn’t push it. I only took him out once we were on the trail, heading back. He’s been out there before.
Warm up: 30:30
1. Butt kickers
2. Lat lunge stretches
3. Runners lunge
4. Fire hydrants
5. Fire hydrants
6. Swimmer arms SA forward & back standing & in plank
No Rest Tabata: 20:10 x8 (with 40sec break bet rounds, 18:10)
1 Twisted Plank Row Kickout 15s, Turn to the side, bring arm up in a row, kick, bring leg in & back down / Pushups
2 SL elv Bridge Bicycles / Bicycles Should’ve put ankle weights on here but I didn’t wanna adjust the weight down from 4lbs each. (It’s kind of a pain.) This was the only “off” part of the workout to me. Too soon for abs. Heart rate went back to near resting.
3 DL Squats 40 Lower weights in a deadlift, then move weights around to side & squat, then stand / SA Discuss (4x then switch sides)
4 Weighted burpees / Ski squat hammer curl 30
Circuit #1 – 4x 22min
1 8 Halo Slams to Press 204x halo & then press & then switch sides dropped to 15lbs for the SA press on 2nd round cause the 20 was too hard on my click-y left arm. Kept the 20lbs for the halo slam tho.
2 8 Step Up, Rev Lunge + close Row + Switch 30
3 8 Sumo DL + Sumo Squats 40
4 4 (2) Bunny Hops to Box Jump (2) Bunny Hop Back = 1 10
Circuit #2 – 3x 9min
1 12 Tricep Pushups
2 12 Switch Lunge + SA Back Fly 20 Opp arm to the leg that’s forward
3 8 per leg Curtsy Lunge + Lateral Leg Lift (hold weight against leg for lift) 30
Single DB Complex: 5 reps each side x4 9min Go all the way through on one hand & switch.
1 Split Lunge Snatch 15 Same arm presses up as back leg
2 SA Clean, Squat & Press 20
3 SL DL 20
4 SA Swing 20
5 Goblet Squat 20w/ pulse @ the bottom, increasing 1-5
Legs 8 repswith weighted vest About 16min. Messed up by alternating legs on moves 2 & 3. Realized flow was wrong, but I had to keep for round 2 to be even.
1 Three way lunges (weight on 1 shoulder) 40 forward, side, back
2 Curtsy lunge + leg lift + (set the foot down wide) sumo squat 30 alt 1=1
3 Weighted step up + SL deadlift (standing leg on the step goes back for the SL deadlift) 30 alt 1=1
Legs + arms (50:10 x 1) 6 min, with vest
1 Left lunge pulse + lateral raise 20 (perform lateral raise while lowering, don’t step in)
2 Left SL deadlift + row at the bottom 30
3 Sumo squat + calf raise + hammer curl while in squat 30
4 Jump back, jump forward, box jump + push up
5 Right lunge pulse + front raise (perform front raise while lowering, don’t step in)
6 Right SL deadlift + row 30
Arms (16 reps x2) 12min
1 Chest press (alternate rounds of 8 wide and 8 narrow) 40
2 Bicep curl to arnold press (8 reps of wide curls and 8 standard) 26
3 Front raise + lateral raise 20, 2=1 so 16 reps
Arms + Core (50:10) 6 min
1 Manmakers 40
2 Decline push up + side jump hop outside 1 shoulder, back, other shoulder, back
3 T stand + press + tricep ext 10staggered feet, press weight up, tricep, down to other side
4 Commando on floor & Elevated arm step-up (step hands up to the elevation) This move is REALLY hard if your elevation is significantly “in front” of you!
5 Weighted inch worms (back fly at bottom) 20
6 Elevated push up, shoulder taps & knee in to opp elbowI decided to tap both shoulders bet push-ups & added another element
Core (8 reps x4) 12min
1 Weighted Suitcase crunches 2=1 10lbs like a bicycle, clapping weights underneath incoming knee
2 Boat + ”A” frame arms 15lbs 1st round then 10lbs for next 3 rounds.C-sit. Weight comes straight up & to opp sides of floor
3 Drop + pop up to 2 prisoner jacks
Core + Legs (50:10) 6 min
1 SwingsSquat slams 35lb kettlebell
2 Alt dragon lunge burpee 40
3 T stand with leg lift (front to back)
4 4 twisted mountain climbers + 3 jump switch lunges
5 Lay on back, roll up to low squat to box jump
6 Halo burpee (one hand on weight in push-up = staggered) with tuck jump in plank
Went with the video from here. Wasn’t sure how to set up my timer for this!
Full Body Burnout (40:50:60:70:80) 5 min (1:01) two 10lb weights
(add a move every interval to make them into compound moves, each time you add a move the interval gets longer )
1 Plank tricep kick back
2 2 weighted tornado switches (plank tricep ext to 2 weighted tornado switches)
3 Tuck jump, double butt kicker (plank tricep ext to 2 weighted tornado switches to weighted tuck jump and double butt kicker jump)
4 Squat front raise open and lateral lower then lateral raise close to front lower (plank tricep ext to 2 weighted tornado switches to weighted tuck jump to weighted double butt kicker to squat raises)
5 Staggered single leg push ups (plank tricep ext to 2 weighted switches to weighted tuck jump and double butt kicker to squat raises to 2 staggered arm SL push ups)
Booty poppin’ cool down (45:45) 3:45 min
1 Butterfly bridge
2 RL leg lifts in bridge
3 LL leg lifts in bridge
4 Weighted standard bridge 40
5 Bridge hold 40
I actually really loved this routine! Only thing I wasn’t sure of was the amount of biceps sets, just because I’ve got that weakness in my left arm that’s particularly triggered in bicep work. It did get a little bit pissed at me but not too much.
Warmup: (10/30×6=4min) jump rope. I hadn’t done jump rope in a whole day & was ready for more, lol.
Perform 3 rounds of each strength w/ the different tabata pairs. Then HIIT the 3x.
1. R Curtsey Lunge + Wide Bicep Curl (10 reps) 26lbs
2. L Curtsey Lunge + Bicep Curl (10 reps) 26lbs
3. Get-ups (10 reps) 20lbs Start on back, move weight over head & use momentum to come forward to stand, then do a “slam”. This is HARD for me w/ 20lbs, even no vest. It’s got a yogic appeal. I oughta film my rendition some time.
4. Deadlift (15 reps) 40
5. Push-up + Knee Tuck (10 reps) 5 SL push-ups & change
Tabata Pairs (20:10 x8)
Round 1. Box Jump + 2 strict mtn clibers // decline Tricep Burpee
Round 2. Plank Row + pushup // weighted Squat Jumps 30
Round 3. Rocket Lunge + Heel click Stay on one side 2x and then switch// staggered pushup to goblet hold surfer pivot jump 20 I did a 180 jump b/c I hadn’t previewed this far but that’s ok.
1. Bear Hold Donkey Kicks
2. Split lunge snatch to kneel back front kick 20
3. Burpee back flys 20
4. 3 Strict Mountain Climber + SA front raise 20 Changed this to both arm front raise on the 2nd round
5. Weighted X Crunch 20 / 10 / 10 Forgot to grab my 5s for the 1st round so did this move with a 10 in each hand, which made it more of an arms than abs move. Plus there’s a lot of this difficulty in the Get-Ups. Got my 5s before starting round 2!!