I’m gonna blog as much as I want today
I think I’m still going to have to take an advil though. I thought I’d work out first & see if I still needed it. Yep. I’m glad I worked up a sweat though cause I really fucking needed the endorphins. I’ve had Henry sequestered with me upstairs so I can keep an eye on him. I took the cone back off after three hours of salve soaking in, but of course he’s licked that area a lot. I followed him around awhile, relentlessly foiling him when he’d lick over the raw areas. I’ll have to see how it looks tomorrow…
He seems to want to stay close. He was parked right in front of my rope zone all through the HIIT.
- From list on my own timing, (15/50)=48:40 for 2 sets.
Repeat cardio: Jump rope
- Push-up, clean & press, squat & press, 40
- Side to side squat, 35 (alt leg stepping out to the side, holding weight in middle)
- 180˚ jump squats (touching floor @ bottom)
- Elevated push-up & punch out, alt arms
- Wood chops, 15 (subbed for side to side swings)
- Other side
- Push-ups to reverse plank (or dip), hands on blocks
- Push-up & row, lifting opp leg, 15s feet elevated
- RL Weights overhead, backward lunge with a press-up, then knee lift, 20
- Other leg
- RL Bicep curl & stationery lunge, 30
- LL Hammer curl & stationery lunge, 30
- Plie squat & Y press-swing up, 20 (weights swing down bet legs on the down)
- Elevated side plank, lift bottom leg & then bring knee in to top elbow
- Other side
- Half burpee & hop lunge back alt sides
- Deadlift, pulse @ the bottom & swing weights toward back of body on the up
- Leg lift, table top on up, then swing hips back toward L-sit on the down (Bender style)
- Other side
- Hanging from pull-up bar, lift straight legs & V out
- Suryas & fundamentals. Handstands felt really good today.
- Dandasana & the two paschimos.
- Finishing to Sirsasana. Savasana.
It’s still ashtanga if I did a couple surya namaskars! LOL. Not really but anyone familiar would recognize it. What I love about combining the bits of Ashtanga after HIIT is that you don’t have to do anything at all extreme in the yoga to still get a good workout. This is not so with the yoga alone!
I needed to “brush up” on my flea comb technique! I found the tip of putting soap in water to dunk the comb in, also that you should wipe the comb after each use in order to avoid redepositing any eggs on kitty. Gonna boil some water before I corner kitty under some bright lights this evening. #party