I’d always had the sneaky feeling that enabling 2-step identification might become a problem. Sure enough, with the hostile changeover from AT&T to Verizon, a bunch of unforeseen glitches occurred. So many websites want to automatically text a verification code. But you can’t get it to your new number before it’s activated, and once your old one is closed you can’t get it either.
I also just now discovered that there is no way to email for support unless you have a paid plan. (I’m too broke.) I think I’ve got about 400 followers or something like that, but that’s not some impressive amount and it’s not like my blogs have ever led to paid gigs. Granted I’ve only started blogging the art & design stuff regularly since I flew through the employment-killing force field on the way to the economic black hole that is Portland, Oregon. It’s more like throwing a message into a bottle than anything else.
Maybe I should take it as a sign & just stop blogging?
I posted my message on the forum & it looks like I won’t ever be able to get access to this account again because I didn’t generate any backup codes, at the time of enabling the stupid 2-step. (As if I post anything that needs to be kept that secure.).
If You Lose Your Device
If you lose your device, accidentally remove the authenticator app, or are otherwise locked out of your account, the only way to get back in to your account is by using a Backup Code.
To use a backup code, fill in your login details like you normally would. When asked about the login code enter the backup code instead. Remember: backup codes are only valid for one time each so be careful when using them.
So there you go! Once I’m out I’m out. I can still blog company complaints on LinkedIn though, and link to relevant pages, so there’s that.
iPage is a shitty, grifting kind of website host
Hey, this is $48 in beer money they owe me, and I’ve got time. I’ll drag this on as long as they like, tweeting and posting all the way. I’ll update my Better Business complaint too. At present time I’m waiting for a mailing address from Winona, who has insisted I produce a letter from my principle the bank. Sure! I’ll go down there tomorrow & see someone from customer service. That’ll probably actually be faster than wading through the phone maze and explaining the situation to a bunch of different people.
I got my workout in, and I FINALLY got my phone unlocked from the dreaded AT&T and connected to Verizon!!! Had started the process of changing carriers on the 13th. It took 18 days, all of which was caused by AT&T refusing to go in & do a manual unlock until I finally filed a Better Business claim.
And now of course I have to deal with laptop issues. I was forced to replace the last one in March 2015. I’ve had three Mac laptops and two desktop. I’ve noticed with the former that their little lives get shorter and shorter and shorter.
I’m dealing with TWO fraudulent, infuriating corporations at the same time! Nevertheless I had a great workout
AT&T is even worse than iPage, because they’re holding my iPhone hostage. I may have gotten through with the AT&T this morning however. My 3rd unlock request failed. Called yesterday (for the umpteenth time) after the 2nd denial. Found out someone there had not gotten my IMEI number into my account, probably when I bought my latest iPhone in February 2015, and therefore the “information didn’t match”, causing their asshole system to throw my request in the trash, yet again. My 2/27 agent said he “couldn’t” put in unlock request #4 from his end, since my account is closed. My 2/28 agent went to a specialist & got permission to initiate, and she put some notes into the request. Who knows if it’ll work? I waited until I was done with my morning work before I checked the unlock portal today, as yesterday I’d been so upset it’d zapped all my energy into oblivion. The frustration and impotent rage sends my adrenalin levels through the fucking roof, and then it takes a long time to calm down, after which I’m often exhausted. Yesterday I fell asleep in the late afternoon for awhile and still went to bed at 9:30.
iPage… the stories are just too long. I only found two other reviews on Google, where I went to get a corporate address for the sake of my Better Business Bureau complaint. The other reviews were both one star, and I added mind. Updated it once already too! Let a picture suffice for today’s summary. Generally, I try to give them three doses of negative exposure each time they irritate me with their ineptness.
I decided to just do a Julia workout following along, without any preview at all, pausing where ever necessary.
Warm up 30:30
1. Walk out pushup
2. Lateral lunge + twist to open
3. High knees
5. Crab dip + reach back
Round 1 (14 reps) 13” Elv
1. Lunge: Bulgarian + deadlift (14/leg) 30lbs + 8lb vest
Round 2 (50:10) 13” Elv 10 min +8lb vest
1. Lunge: Lizards
2. Butt: box jump + glute squeeze at the top and bottom
3. Squat: Broad jump + ninja (hands behind head)
4. Push up: Pushup fast knee tuck
5. Kick boxing: 4 plank punches + jump to squat + 4 crosses
6. Shoulders: pike push up + kick up to handstand
7. Bicep: ski squat jump + hammer curl in squat 30lbs
8. Tricep: tricep fall + plank hop in + 180 tuck jump
9. Plank: commando down + elbow to knees + commando up + pike jump in
10. Bench abs: decline tricep push up on bench + hop pike in & back up + toe touches x 2
Round 3 (No rest tabata 20:10 x 6) 6 min 40lbs w/ 8lb vest
1. Lunge: Forward lunge
a. Strict mtn climbers
2. Butt: hip thrusts
a. hip thrust holds
Round 4 (50:10) 9 min + 8lb vest
1. Lunge: curtsy lunge 40lbs
2. Butt: deadlift 40lbs (no longer a challenge but it’s the heaviest I got)
3. Squat: back load box squat 40lbs
4. Push up: push up on weights + t-stand press 20lbs
5. Kick boxing: front kick + elbow + 180 tuck
6. Shoulders: bicep curl + arnold press 30lbs
7. Bicep: narrow to wide bicep curls 30lbs
8. Tricep: weighted plank walk forward + staggered tricep push up 20lbs (failure w/ the staggered push-ups + vest!)
9. Plank: Plank lateral walk x 3 + kickthroughs
Round 6 (50:10) 6 min
1. Lunge: goblet curtsy up and over and switch 20lbs
2. Butt: lateral box jump + pistol squat+ 180 to switch took off vest just for this move cause of the pistol squats
3. Squat: broad jump + bunny hop back
4. Push ups: SL push up + open to side plank + upper leg lift
5. Kick boxing: 3 hooks + switch kick
6. Shoulders: split lunge snatch 30lbs
7. Bicep: boat hold bicep curl 20lbs
8. Tricep: crab walk forward + flip over to tricep push up + crab walk back + flip over to tricep push up This was harder than you’d think! Liked it tho.
Round 7 (tabata pairs time pyramid 10:10:20:10:30:10:40:10:40:10:30:10:20:10:10:10) 9:20 min +8lb vest
1. Lunge: alt plyo curtsy
2. Butt: dragon lunges 30lbs 1st round then 35lb kettlebell
Round 8 (50:10) 7 min +8lb vest
1. Lunge: weighted lateral touchdowns 20lbs
2. Butt: Step up rev and switch Used higher elevation (my hope chest) now that I’m working out downstairs again. Have to measure it.
3. Squat: twerknado + burpee two 20lbs
4. Push up: weighted ups burpees 30lbs
5. Kick boxing: crunch up + 4 weighted crosses 20lbs
6. Shoulders: around the world arms + squat while front raising 20lbs
7. Bicep: rev grip pushups
Round 9 (10 rep) +8lb vest
1. Lunge: fwd lunge to SL DL to rev lunge (5/leg) 30lbs
2. Butt: decline donkey kicks (10/leg)
3. Squat: front load squats 40lbs
4. Push up: push up + side plank press + tricep ext 10lbs
5. Kick boxing: roll back tuck jump cross cross took off vest here & left it off!
Round 10 (tabata pairs) 20:10 4x each pair 6 min no vest (feels like the cool down, lol)
1. Lunge: groiners
2. Butt: deadlift + plank hop 40lbs