8 Dive bomber
16 ALT pistol Can’t believe I got through 4 rounds of pistol squats. I still have to prop my heels on 10lb weights to balance tho.MY QUADS ARE GONNA HATE ME TOMORROW.
32 Abs leg drops like a leg lift, lying on back, but emphasis on the down part
64 High knees sprint
II part – 2 rounds
Rumi’s time = 9:10 min. My time = 11:38
8 Elevated renegade row – both sides one after the other, 20lbs
16 Plank elevated legs jumps jump from bench down to floor & back up
32 ALT renegade row, elevated 20lbs
64 Swing 20lbs
25min of (15/60) freestyle, quad-release-heavy intervals, not including a closing 1min savasana
Writing some of my own sets, when I feel the need, is a good thing as well. And I’m happy I discovered this new YouTube channel! I don’t like her warmups & I prefer to do the working sets my own time, but the sets themselves are really challenging, and I like that feeling of hitting one body part mercilessly, over and over.
That’s the one thing about HIIT; you run the danger of always skimming the surface, because your working burn is so good. That’s one reason I was already alternating it with reps workout. The slightest change affects the workout so much! And setting your intention to go as quickly & continually as possible, as in these WOD / Crossfit style routines, makes things different as well.
Now I’ve got some rice in the rice maker & garlic greens waiting to roast. Shower time!
(15/30) Time = 13:30
I don’t usually warm up, but this style appears to beat me up a little more. My back is much better but my right wrist is sore! I wrote a warmup because suyras & fundamentals run longer than I wanted to spend on limbering up today.
Updog or cobra
Ustrasana A, @ wall
Urdhva D, @ wall
AMBER WOD 2:RumFit Challenge: Butt, Triceps, HIIT, Saddlebags, Inner Thighs And Back
I part – body weight exercises Do all exercises in reverse pyramid – 50 reps, after that 40, 30, 20, 10 reps.
Time = 2:15-2:28
1. Switch lunge
2. Chaturanga in-out jumps This one’s a fucking killer (in a good way)! I couldn’t get through a set complete until I was on the 20s.
3. Russian kicks
Note: Do the lunges with the knee right above the floor. The elbows are near to the body in Chaturanga exercise. The strength comes from the abs in the abs kicks.
II part – with equipment
2 rounds, time = 16min! 2:29-2:45 Slow, but I wasn’t following the video & forgot what exercises 2 & 4 were. Did an inner thigh lift. Also was using heavier weight than Rumi.
1. RIGHT side elevated renegade row – 10, 20lbs
2. LEFT leg raise from left side elevated side plank – 10
3. LEFT side elevated renegade row – 10, 20lbs
4. RIGHT leg raise from right side elevated side plank – 10
5. Abs diagonal arm-feet touch – 10 doubles Arms out in a T position, crossing hand to opp foot. Legs straight. L + R = 1 rep
6. LEFT leg side raise – 30 lay on the floor with 10lb weight on thigh
7. Torso raise – 10
8. Sumo squat + front lift – 10 20lbs
9. RIGHT leg side raise – 30
I part – 11 min
II part, 2 rounds – 10:40 min
I didn’t feel done yet & wasn’t in the mood for back bending intervals like I’d been thinking, so I decided on a 10-min bender, along with the video. This was really intense, following the exercises I’d just done.
1. Supergirl Heel Tap (right)
2. Supergirl Heel Tap (left)
3. Hip Lift
4. Rock the Boat
5. Twisting Knee Drop Plank
6. Temple Tap Abs
7. Side Plank Leg Lift (right)
8. Side Plank Leg Lift (left)
9. Toe Tap Crunch
10. Ab Wringer
Not the best burn ever, certainly, but I needed the physical therapy. I wasn’t sure I was going to do the jumpy workout after the yoga introduction, but my heart rate was so low I knew I needed to stir the pot a bit, and was glad I did.
Suryas & fundamentals, time = 29:58. With the hand standy stuff at the wall & the 3-part hanuman, my style.
Wore my new cross trainers for my WOD workout. Is this really crossfit style? I dunno. The trainer thinks so anyway. Link is here.
Notice they are NOT Nike, adidas or Under Armour.
I part – body weight exercises
2 rounds, time = 26min (3:16-3:32)
1. Burpee with push up – 20 Wide arms, chest touching floor
2. LEFT leg jump, RIGHT leg kick – 20
3. Broad jump, back + squat jump – 20 Plyo jump forward, hands to floor, plank. Push backward to low squat & then jump up
4. RIGHT leg jump, LEFT leg kick – 20
5. Plank ALT pigeon crunch – 20 Plank. Pull knee in while turning knee out to the side & crunching
II part – with equipment, correction part
1 rounds time = 11min (3:32-3:43)
1. LEFT leg side raise – This is the standing up in a forward bend leg raise she likes
2. ALT renegade row – 50, 20lbs
3. RIGHT leg side raise – 50
4. Torso and leg raise – 20 Swimmer. On belly, feet off ground. Reach arms forward & pull back fast, lifting shoulders slightly
5. Swings – 50 20lbs