I’m probably going to be doing a whole lot more yoga. It goes well with my studies, which I cannot wait to talk about (in April).
In other news, I FINALLY GOT MY IPHONE UNOCKED FROM AT&T & CONNECTED TO VERIZON! Woot! Woot! Am just finishing up the process of restoring the stuff on it from this morning’s backup!
Random thoughts that came up
- Static stretching & my tendency to do everything my own way: It’s funny that I was doing static stretching for years as a warm-up to ashtanga practice, for which the “conventional wisdom” and recommendations are that you do as close to nothing to prepare, before the Suryas, as possible. In my case there are certain poses that address specific bodily imbalances which, if done briefly before an ashtanga routine, make the whole thing much more enjoyable. Contrary to some indications I try to limit my masochism
- The beginner’s mind & the irony that excessive ego attachment is so much more prevalent in adept yoga practitioners. It makes total sense. People are attracted to things they’re good at, hence most yoga teachers are individuals who’ve experienced a lot of ego gratification via yoga, especially in the Instagram age.
- Suryas & fundamentals
- my basic Primary, with standard omissions and additions
- Realized I’d forgotten the Ardha Baddha Padmo yesterday. No wonder why Titthibhasana B was hard to bind! Was more of a slow, tedious practice than yesterday, but yoga is harder in a way that is not recognized by “the burn”. Also, problematically, if you increase your range of motion you kind of have to maintain attention to this permanently. This is because when lifting or building strength, things travel more than they should, and if you don’t stretch & smooth them out regularly they congeal in bad formations.
- 2nd thru Laghu Vajrasana, then a Kapo B. I’m still not attempting a bind and lowering elbows these days. Too risky. And I didn’t precede that with an EPRK (Eka Pada Rada Kapo) because I haven’t been practicing consistently.
- But I did do my 3 drop backs and 3 ticks after Urdhva D.
- Finishing to my Sirsasana menu. I skipped the rest of the finishing because I’d decided to do my daily sit & pranayama after.
- 1:17 to end of series poses for the day (to Kapo B today, w/ no Kapo reg. This is my way, post “Miami”).
- 1:27 to finishing