The WordPress website is pretty emphatic that if you don’t save backup codes, you’re fucked on an unpaid plan. Who knew? It’s yet another casualty of leaving AT&T. Lucky for me it’s not all that much of a punishment. I’ve given up or let go of so much already. What’s another thing? It’s not like I ever found another real audience either, once I excited the cult of ashtanga. Blogging has been an entrenched habit, but I don’t need it.
Of course there’s all the stuff in the now-closed Batcave/s. It’ll be stuck in a vault for as long as the internet lasts, lol. No biggie.
Maybe I’ll just start sharing my stats on Instagram. I don’t generally do that unless I feel they’re noteworthy for some reason, but if I just want a sharing platform… why not?
10 Plank walk out pushup
11 Lunge and twist
12 Plank pendulum legs
13 Curtsy lunge round house leg
14 Butt kickers
15 Jumping jacks
No rest tabata 20:10 8x +8lb vest
1. Bulgarians: Split lunge DL (switch leg after 4 rounds) 30lbs
2. Push-up + alt t stand presses 30lbs: spider man reaches frm plank, knee to elbow & opp arm reaches forward
3. Incline Chest press: chest press hold + hip thrust 40lbsrest weights on quads for hip thrust No vest.
4. split lunge snatches: ski squats 30lbs This was REALLY hard! lol. I had one of those “will I or won’t I make it?” moments. (I made it.)
Circuit #1: 4x 8 reps each √, √, √, √time = 21:03
1. (3) switch lunge weight pick up and set down 30lbs
2. alt curtsy to squat drop weight & jump = 1 rep 40lbs
3. Push-up alt t-stand + press arm up and dip and press = 1. Do 4 one arm & 4 the other 10lbs No vest 3rd & 4th rounds. I also dropped weight by 5lbs before starting this circuit, once re-remembered it’s 4x.
Circuit #2: 3x time = 20:51
1. 10 clean and presses 40lbs
2. 15 tricep push-up on weights deadlift burpee 30lbs
3. 10 Bulgarians DL drop weight and hop (5/ per leg) = 1 rep 30lbs BRUTAL!!!
Circuit # 3: complex 5 reps each don’t drop weight 5x +8lb vest √, √, √, √, √ Time = 19:35
1. Deficit DL (from bench) 40lbs
2. SL Back load box squats to fwd lunge (RL Box squat, LL fwd lunge) 3/leg20lbs 1st round, then 10lbs rounds 2 & 3, no weight but 8lb vest for last two rounds, lol.
3. Squat and press 30lbs
4. OH Rev lunges 3/leg 40lbs
5. Back load 1&3/4 squat 40lbs all the way down, to ¾, down & all the way up
I’m dealing with TWO fraudulent, infuriating corporations at the same time! Nevertheless I had a great workout
AT&T is even worse than iPage, because they’re holding my iPhone hostage. I may have gotten through with the AT&T this morning however. My 3rd unlock request failed. Called yesterday (for the umpteenth time) after the 2nd denial. Found out someone there had not gotten my IMEI number into my account, probably when I bought my latest iPhone in February 2015, and therefore the “information didn’t match”, causing their asshole system to throw my request in the trash, yet again. My 2/27 agent said he “couldn’t” put in unlock request #4 from his end, since my account is closed. My 2/28 agent went to a specialist & got permission to initiate, and she put some notes into the request. Who knows if it’ll work? I waited until I was done with my morning work before I checked the unlock portal today, as yesterday I’d been so upset it’d zapped all my energy into oblivion. The frustration and impotent rage sends my adrenalin levels through the fucking roof, and then it takes a long time to calm down, after which I’m often exhausted. Yesterday I fell asleep in the late afternoon for awhile and still went to bed at 9:30.
iPage… the stories are just too long. I only found two other reviews on Google, where I went to get a corporate address for the sake of my Better Business Bureau complaint. The other reviews were both one star, and I added mind. Updated it once already too! Let a picture suffice for today’s summary. Generally, I try to give them three doses of negative exposure each time they irritate me with their ineptness.
I decided to just do a Julia workout following along, without any preview at all, pausing where ever necessary.
Warm up 30:30
1. Walk out pushup
2. Lateral lunge + twist to open
3. High knees
5. Crab dip + reach back
Round 1 (14 reps) 13” Elv
1. Lunge: Bulgarian + deadlift (14/leg) 30lbs + 8lb vest
Round 2 (50:10) 13” Elv 10 min +8lb vest
1. Lunge: Lizards
2. Butt: box jump + glute squeeze at the top and bottom
3. Squat: Broad jump + ninja (hands behind head)
4. Push up: Pushup fast knee tuck
5. Kick boxing: 4 plank punches + jump to squat + 4 crosses
6. Shoulders: pike push up + kick up to handstand
7. Bicep: ski squat jump + hammer curl in squat 30lbs
8. Tricep: tricep fall + plank hop in + 180 tuck jump
9. Plank: commando down + elbow to knees + commando up + pike jump in
10. Bench abs: decline tricep push up on bench + hop pike in & back up + toe touches x 2
Round 3 (No rest tabata 20:10 x 6) 6 min 40lbs w/ 8lb vest
1. Lunge: Forward lunge
a. Strict mtn climbers
2. Butt: hip thrusts
a. hip thrust holds
Round 4 (50:10) 9 min + 8lb vest
1. Lunge: curtsy lunge 40lbs
2. Butt: deadlift 40lbs (no longer a challenge but it’s the heaviest I got)
3. Squat: back load box squat 40lbs
4. Push up: push up on weights + t-stand press 20lbs
5. Kick boxing: front kick + elbow + 180 tuck
6. Shoulders: bicep curl + arnold press 30lbs
7. Bicep: narrow to wide bicep curls 30lbs
8. Tricep: weighted plank walk forward + staggered tricep push up 20lbs (failure w/ the staggered push-ups + vest!)
9. Plank: Plank lateral walk x 3 + kickthroughs
Round 6 (50:10) 6 min
1. Lunge: goblet curtsy up and over and switch 20lbs
2. Butt: lateral box jump + pistol squat+ 180 to switch took off vest just for this move cause of the pistol squats
3. Squat: broad jump + bunny hop back
4. Push ups: SL push up + open to side plank + upper leg lift
5. Kick boxing: 3 hooks + switch kick
6. Shoulders: split lunge snatch 30lbs
7. Bicep: boat hold bicep curl 20lbs
8. Tricep: crab walk forward + flip over to tricep push up + crab walk back + flip over to tricep push up This was harder than you’d think! Liked it tho.
Round 7 (tabata pairs time pyramid 10:10:20:10:30:10:40:10:40:10:30:10:20:10:10:10) 9:20 min +8lb vest
1. Lunge: alt plyo curtsy
2. Butt: dragon lunges 30lbs 1st round then 35lb kettlebell
Round 8 (50:10) 7 min +8lb vest
1. Lunge: weighted lateral touchdowns 20lbs
2. Butt: Step up rev and switch Used higher elevation (my hope chest) now that I’m working out downstairs again. Have to measure it.
3. Squat: twerknado + burpee two 20lbs
4. Push up: weighted ups burpees 30lbs
5. Kick boxing: crunch up + 4 weighted crosses 20lbs
6. Shoulders: around the world arms + squat while front raising 20lbs
7. Bicep: rev grip pushups
Round 9 (10 rep) +8lb vest
1. Lunge: fwd lunge to SL DL to rev lunge (5/leg) 30lbs
2. Butt: decline donkey kicks (10/leg)
3. Squat: front load squats 40lbs
4. Push up: push up + side plank press + tricep ext 10lbs
5. Kick boxing: roll back tuck jump cross cross took off vest here & left it off!
Round 10 (tabata pairs) 20:10 4x each pair 6 min no vest (feels like the cool down, lol)
1. Lunge: groiners
2. Butt: deadlift + plank hop 40lbs
Didn’t have time to preview this one at all, which actually takes me longer than following along (just for Julia’s workouts) b/c I like to pause the video after nearly every set to jot down notes.
Also didn’t bother to stretch after, like at ALL! I may get suddenly busy very soon and I have a bit of a commuting problem, in that it’s going to take up too much of my free time for me to be able to work out more than twice a week. That is, unless I do two, 2-hour sets on Saturday and Sunday and don’t do anything else on my weekends besides laundry, lol.
Format Supersets by Christine Comeau
1. Lateral lunge +arm reach
2. Body weight squat (slow) + jump for height
3. Warrior 1 reach transition to warrior 3
4. 8 butt kickers + 8 high knee runs
5. Frog squat + hands to floor straight into a forward fold + jump back to plank
1. squat hands down jump out to plank + yoga tricep push up + downward dog
Complex “warm up” (12 reps x 2) 40lbs for all
1. Step ups
3. Back lunge
EMOM (60:60) 6 min 20lbs Was a little heavy for me for the swing so ended up being like a hammer curl.
1. SL deadlift (left)
2. SL deadlift + split squat (left)
3. SL deadlift + split squat + switch foot SA swing 4 (left)
4. SL deadlift + split squat + switch foot swing 4 (right)
5. SL deadlift + split squat (right)
6. SL deadlift
No rest Tabata + burnout 4 min raise elv to 13” 40lbs
1. Deadlift + squat
a. Box jumps
Twerknado Burpee Complex (50:20) 7 min 20lbs This was a bit hard to follow w/out the preview, but s’ok.
In the 20 sec break complete a twerknado + staggered push up burpee. 2 push ups =1
1. SA clean and press (left)
2. Staggered push up (left)
2. 180 squat jumps
5. Staggered push up (right)
6. SA clean and press (right)
No Rest Tabata + burnout (20:10 x8) 4 min
1 Clean and press 40lbs
a. 180 squat jumps
Twerknado burnout (60 sec) 1 min
Complex (8 reps x 3)
Place heavy weights on chairs to keep them from shifting
Or leg weights
1. Oblique knee in (hanging from pull-up bar)
2. Push ups / frogger
3. Straight abs (elbows to legs) leg raises
EMOM (60:60) gladiator get ups 6 min 10lbs Still don’t like these moves at all. Feels awkward. But I guess it’s ok to do moves you don’t like every once in awhile. Reminds me of the old days of yoga! Plus I’m about to be a weekend only person.
1. Left arm floor to press up
2. Left arm floor to press up + side plank press
3. Left arm gladiator get ups + front to back toe taps
4. Right arm gladiator get ups + front to back toe taps
5. Right arm floor to sit up + side plank press
6. Right arm floor to press up
No Rest tabata + burnout 4 min Ankle weights, 5lbs each leg
1. Tricep push up to side plank + leg raise (dynamic)
a. Side leg lifts
Hadda go a long time to get a workout in, but it was ok as we have no plans for the evening.
Skipped the video warm-up & did my own, the usual, (10/30×6=4min) jump rope intervals. Then I added it in a bunch more.
Rina’s 1000 Rep Ab Challenge
Sit-Ups/Crunches– 175 reps total, 25 reps/exercise (@ about 10min into video)
Did this 1st set from a list. I think it’d be good to split these up & do them with light weights bet feet on ankles as ab burn-outs after a HIIT or Tabata.
1. Bent Leg Sit-Ups extending arms overhead on the down & trying to get head through the “window” at the top & get slight upper backbend
2. Sit-Up to 45 degrees Arms out straight, pointing towards feet. Can put feet under something.
3. Frogs Feet together, knees out wide.
4. Sit-up Down to 45 degrees
5. Star Crunches Arms & legs go out wide on the low.
6. Suitcase Sit-Ups
7. Running Rope Pulls SL comes in while arm reaches up 1=1
(10/30×6=4min) jump rope intervals
Bhujangasana – (10/60)
Started back up with video here.
Pulses-75 Reps total, 25 reps/exercise
1. Side to Side Heel Touch Pulses
2. Crunch Pulses
3. Straight-leg Crunches
Obliques-150 Reps, 25 reps/exerciseI actually move faster than the video in this case & had time to type the notes w/in all the sets! If I repeat this routine in part or in full, I’ll do it with just a list & more cardio, possibly some ankle weights.
1. Russian Twists 10lbs
2. Side V-ups (L)
3. Round of Applause C-sit w/ bent knees but feet off floor, arms out wide. Turn to one side & clap hands, back to center & alt 1=1
4. Side V-ups (R)
5. Sit-Up and Twist 10lbs
6. Alt. V-Ups
(10/50×5=5min) jump rope intervals Hadda get my heart rate up a bit.
Lower Abs-125 Reps, 25 reps/exercise
1. Flutter Kicks 2=1
2. Reverse Crunches
3. Leg Raises Over Chair
4. Leg Raise + Knee In (L)
5. Leg Raise + Knee In (R)
(10/50×5=5min) jump rope intervals
Planks-175 Reps, 25 reps/exercise Arm fully extended for all
2. Side Plank Hip Dips (L)
3. Side Plank Hip Dips (R)
4. Side Plank Knee Tuck
5. Other side
6. Plank Toe Taps (26 reps) feet elevated on bench, tapping alt foot to floor.
7. Forearm Side to Side Hip Drop (26 reps) Knee Tucks
Scrambler-350 Reps, 25 reps/exercise
1. CW Leg Circles (same direction)
2. CCW Leg Circles (same direction)
3. Sit-Ups with Weight Overhead 10lbs
4. 1-Leg Reptiles (L)
5. 1-Leg Reptiles (R)
6.Knee Tucks (On bench)
7. Leg Lowers
8. Scissors 2=1 crossing legs over each other horizontally in boat
9. Leg Circles (circle in)
10. Leg Circles (circle out)
11. Rowing sit-up 10lbsKind of like a sit-up w/ 1 russian twist at the top
12. Straight Leg Raise, Spread Legs at Bottom
(10/30×6=4min) jump rope intervals Just to crack 500, lol
Tried a new channel for part 1 of today’s workout, more tabata. I must have a shorter attention span lately! Or maybe I’m doing more tabata as a bit of a “relief” alongside rep-based sets. I think reps work me a bit better than HIIT, but though I’m thorough I’m also a bit slow-ish, so they tend to take a longer amount of time that’s hard to predict.
Anyway, if you knew how much wine & beer I had yesterday, you’d be really impressed!
Strength: (50/10 2 rounds) +8lb vest
1. Pigeon DL 40lbs
2. Sumo DL 40lbs
3. 1-leg DL (L) 30lbs
4. 1-leg DL (R)
5. DL + Squat 40lbs
6. Hamstring Curls I did reverse plank to knees-in w/ my feet on sliders instead of putting a dumbbell between my feet
Strength: (50/10 2 rounds) +8lb vest
1. 1-Leg Squat (L) to forward lunge on R
2. 1-Leg Squat (R) to forward lunge on L
3. Lunge + Stork + Kneel (L) 20lbs
4. Lunge + Stork + Kneel (R)
5. Rotational Goblet 30lbs 1st round, 40lbs 2nd
6. Power Squat (Down slow, power up) 40lbs
GLUTES +8lb vest
Tabata: (20/10 x4)
1. Shuffle, heel grab (again… wah ha ha…)
2. Low Squat + Jump
Strength: (50/10 2 rounds)
1. Shuffle Swing 15lbs 1st round, 20lbs 2nd
2. Dragon Lunge 30lbs
3. Glute Bridge or Hip Thrust
4. Open Hip Raises 30lbs
5. Jumping 1-leg Glute Bridge (L) Changed this move to the Bender style hip thrusts from crab since I feel it more in the glutes that way
6. Jumping 1-leg Glute Bridge (R)
This is part of a random challenge Lisa posted without a video on her Facebook. Greyed out moves are ones I skipped since I’d just done a legs set. And I did less than half of it! I’m not sure how I feel about 50 reps either. 25 seems more reasonable. Anyway, after move 8 I was at about 90-min into my routine so I changed to yoga.
Finally a high, over-the-top sort of burn! I’d gone through some of Lisa’s (BodyRock) live workouts & detailed them out, changing things here and there. For the first set I went super heavy.
Warm-up: (10/30×6=4min) jump rope
100 Day Challenge #34, 8lb vest, whole set, except for 15 & 16. I hadn’t realized how many box jumps! Could NOT calm my heart rate down quickly. .Generally I was working heavy enough I had to take a break at every 15-count. Lisa was working on a step bench too, and for once my 13″ elevation is more challenging than the video.
25 Squat Knee Lift – Left15lbs, Bicep Curls 20lbs Standing leg on the bench
25 Box JumpsHadda take a break at 15 & walk down the heart rate! I like to slow down when I break into the 170s.
25 Jumps Overs (50 Total)
25 Curtsy Lunge – Left35lbs kettlebell, held in one hand, & touching down on floor every rep (same arm as lunging leg) On floor
25 Box JumpsThese things are fucking killer w/ an 8lb vest and 13-inch elevation
25 Jumps Overs (50 Total)
Lunge back, deep. Then come forward & lift knee – Left 40lbs
25 Straddle Box Jumps just to change it up a little & oops hit 179 when I looked @15
25 Jumps Overs (50 Total)
Bulgarians 30lbs Didn’t do more press-ups. Arms can feel yesterday’s heavy rows & manakers!
25 Box Jumps no vest! for this & next repeat element
25 Jumps Overs (50 Total)
25 Lateral Step-Out Squat – Left30lbs Could put working leg on the bench but meh. Heavier weights better.
25 Box Jumps
25 Jumps Overs (50 Total)
25 Switch Lunge Squat 1=1 Squat hop, jump back in a lunge & return.
Post Your Time: 50:27!!! Higher elevation & heavier weights.
Lisa – 24.56